Why would he delete me?

Bobstar200

A guy I've been talking to on Snapchat deleted me as a friend after I accidentally pressed call instead of chat. I hung up as soon as I realised what I'd done but when I typed a quick sorry into chat it said the message was pending until I was added as a friend. We had spoke almost everyday for a few weeks but this dwindled as it was almost impossible for us to see each other. We did know each other but we didn't meet up since talking online. We haven't spoken for a couple of weeks so I was going to send a message to ask if he was doing okay but pressed call instead of chat and as I said he's deleted me. It's really upset me and I don't know why he would do that. He did stop reading my chats to him but always looked at my story. I'm not stupid and I know he must have lost interest maybe because I couldn't see him I don't know? I'm waiting to be deleted from Facebook next :'( Any advice how to deal with this would be so appreciated because I have no one to talk to about it.

Annie24 nailed it. I would like to add that you seem pretty heavily emotionally invested in a person that you exclusively spoke to through a social media service. Save your emotions for people who want to spend time with you in person. Anything less screams that they have no interest in committing to a real involvement with you.

I do know him in person but I hadn't seen him in a few years. He requested me on Facebook and we were talking a bit on there but then he asked for my SC so communication moved to there. I haven't seen him in person since we started messaging online which he instigated.

Why is it impossible to see each other? Were you dating or just chatting? Best thing to do is reset your social media privacy settings and delete him from all social media and messaging. Get on some dating apps and meet guys in person asap. After a couple of chats, go out for a coffee meet.

Do not pursue cyber "relationships". It sets you up for all kinds of weirdos, catfish, scammers and people already in relationships. Is there a reason you are hiding behind a screen?

A guy I've been talking to on Snapchat deleted me as a friend after I accidentally pressed call instead of chat. We had spoke almost everyday for a few weeks but this dwindled as it was almost impossible for us to see each other.

Ok then start a confidence building program. Get in shape, get new clothes and hair and update your look. Then get a good profile and some nice pics up on dating apps and start meeting real guys in real life. Catfishing for some sort of validation will only further your loneliness and despair.

I have zero self confidence and hate the way I look.
I am in shape and I do exercise and try to take care of myself. None of that ever seems to make a difference and I get invested in people too quickly and their opinion can make or break me. Not right I know but that's why him doing what he's done has broke me.

This is an issue that you should take seriously, and maybe even work on with a professional. You are a person of value (even if you weren't in shape), and until you realize this, you will continue to invest heavily in people who mean you no good. Part of finding a healthy relationship is taking responsibility for our own baggage. Instead of considering yourself a broken person, use this incident as a sign that you need to get help.

Thank you for your words and advice. It's something I agree I need to do. I felt so happy when I was getting the positive attention from him but now he's deleted me I'm crashing the opposite side. I'm looking at him through rose tinted glasses because of how he made me feel. I felt desirable and important. Now look how unimportant I am! How pathetic am I that I let other people do this to me but I can't help it.

Thank you for your words and advice. It's something I agree I need to do. I felt so happy when I was getting the positive attention from him but now he's deleted me I'm crashing the opposite side. I'm looking at him through rose tinted glasses because of how he made me feel. I felt desirable and important. Now look how unimportant I am! How pathetic am I that I let other people do this to me but I can't help it.

I had a similar situation happen to me several weeks ago. A guy I was private messaging on FB just up and deleted me. Our last chat (it was fine) was on a Friday night and the following Tuesday he read my FB story and deleted me. The only thing I can think happened is early on he had asked me for nudes which I didn't send and maybe he gave up talking to me? I will also note he was a married man so it was just as well. Social media and guys who "friend you" can be very fickle. I would try to not put a whole lot of emotions in something like that. The positive attention is very nice but just keep it all in check for your own good.

Archived