LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would he delete me?

Why would he delete me?

A guy I've been talking to on Snapchat deleted me as a friend after I accidentally pressed call instead of chat. I hung up as soon as I realised what I'd done but when I typed a quick sorry into chat it said the message was pending until I was added as a friend. We had spoke almost everyday for a few weeks but this dwindled as it was almost impossible for us to see each other. We did know each other but we didn't meet up since talking online. We haven't spoken for a couple of weeks so I was going to send a message to ask if he was doing okay but pressed call instead of chat and as I said he's deleted me. It's really upset me and I don't know why he would do that. He did stop reading my chats to him but always looked at my story. I'm not stupid and I know he must have lost interest maybe because I couldn't see him I don't know? I'm waiting to be deleted from Facebook next :'( Any advice how to deal with this would be so appreciated because I have no one to talk to about it.

Welcome to ENA.

If I had to guess, I think he has a wife or gf. He probably deleted you because he doesn't want to be getting calls from other women when he's with his wife or gf, just wants to stick to chatting/texting. blah. good riddance.

Annie24 nailed it. I would like to add that you seem pretty heavily emotionally invested in a person that you exclusively spoke to through a social media service. Save your emotions for people who want to spend time with you in person. Anything less screams that they have no interest in committing to a real involvement with you.

I do know him in person but I hadn't seen him in a few years. He requested me on Facebook and we were talking a bit on there but then he asked for my SC so communication moved to there. I haven't seen him in person since we started messaging online which he instigated.

Why haven't you seen each other since you began talking weeks ago? Distance?

Yes we definitely wouldn't be able to just hang out or meet up whenever we wanted to. I work shifts which change every 4 weeks so he probably got tired of me not being able to see him?

Platinum Member
    He is probably dating someone and didn't want her to see your name popping up.

Why is it impossible to see each other? Were you dating or just chatting? Best thing to do is reset your social media privacy settings and delete him from all social media and messaging. Get on some dating apps and meet guys in person asap. After a couple of chats, go out for a coffee meet.

Do not pursue cyber "relationships". It sets you up for all kinds of weirdos, catfish, scammers and people already in relationships. Is there a reason you are hiding behind a screen?
    Originally Posted by DebiTaylor
    A guy I've been talking to on Snapchat deleted me as a friend after I accidentally pressed call instead of chat. We had spoke almost everyday for a few weeks but this dwindled as it was almost impossible for us to see each other.

I have zero self confidence and hate the way I look. He was very flattering towards me in the beginning and I fell for it. I do think he meant it but I probably wasn't worth the hassle.

Ok then start a confidence building program. Get in shape, get new clothes and hair and update your look. Then get a good profile and some nice pics up on dating apps and start meeting real guys in real life. Catfishing for some sort of validation will only further your loneliness and despair.
    Originally Posted by DebiTaylor
    I have zero self confidence and hate the way I look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice