Well it’s over

Capttrae

Happened while I was off last time. Long story short, the past few hitches were less and less communication a text or two every 3-4 days, maybe 1 or 2 phone calls in a month, hadn’t seen each other since May. She was suspposed to come up the Friday after I got off, got one text Friday said she’d be leaving soon then nothing again until Tuesday or Wednesday. Said she’d been in the hospital. But nobody had thought to let me know. I get it, if she was in the hospital I should’ve been at least in the top 5 if not top 3, after all we were engaged and all. She was on messenger that Sunday morning at 5am, so she could’ve said something or sent a text, but no, nothing. Do I really think she was in the hospital? No. Not after I took a step back and looked at things. Social media, conversations etc etc it should’ve been obvious a long time ago I wasn’t the only one.

Oh well, it was kinda fun, very expensive and mentally exhausting. But at least thins time there for a bit there was a shimmer of hope and the break up was easy with nobody stringing anyone else along. So we parted as friends and I wish her the best.

Shortly after the break up I was at the only store in town, in walks the owners daughter, I’d never paid her much mind, but we get to talkin about huntin, she tells me she loves to shoot bows, so we go shoot for a while, talk more, she loves to deer and duck hunt. We ride to the local sporting goods store, buy some mineral, get a bite to eat, go put out mineral and trail cams. Then I find out she loves dogs and we play with Coal for a couple hours. Hung out a few more times before I came back to work. Had good conversation. It was nice. I’m her rebound and she’s mine so it’s pretty simple. Neither of us are expecting much so it’s easy.

Archived