So, my wife and I are coming up on our 25th Anniversary next year.

We've had our ups and downs, have hurt each other over the years in many ways, but are on the mend.

I want to give her a new ring for our Anniversary. But, I also want to renew our vows.

I want it to be between us and not a big production. I don't want to bring family and friends into it because whenever I hear about renewing vows it makes me wonder who screwed up and I automatically assume there was cheating going on.

However, I don't exactly want it to be a totally informal thing that we just do over a nice dinner. I want it to be a little more formal than that.

Has anybody else renewed their vows? How'd it go and what arrangements did you make?

No, but my husband and were each married once before, and he and I chose a wedding for just the two of us, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park by a creek. You can pay for a package deal that includes both the official marrying you and the photographer. They pull the permit and meet you at the location. I'm sure many scenic places offer these types of packages if you look, so it's my suggestion to make a vacation out of it since it's a major milestone in your life, and you can have pretty photos to enjoy to commemorate the event.

If i were in her shoes, i would not want my engagement ring replaced. An anniversary band to go with it, sure, but not a replacement.

I think you should ask what she thinks about renewing your vows. Do not plan it and surprise her.

She lost her original ring a long time ago and has since been using a CZ since then. She's keen on the idea of replacing it.

I definitely would not spring the vows thing on her out of nowhere.

The getaway for two sounds like a great idea Andrina. We're due for a vacation anyway.

So, my wife and I are coming up on our 25th Anniversary next year.

We've had our ups and downs, have hurt each other over the years in many ways, but are on the mend.

I want to give her a new ring for our Anniversary. But, I also want to renew our vows.

I want it to be between us and not a big production. I don't want to bring family and friends into it because whenever I hear about renewing vows it makes me wonder who screwed up and I automatically assume there was cheating going on.

However, I don't exactly want it to be a totally informal thing that we just do over a nice dinner. I want it to be a little more formal than that.

Has anybody else renewed their vows? How'd it go and what arrangements did you make?

Yes, we did, at our 11th Anniversary. We did it to get married in the Church. We had been married non demoniational before. We had immediate family. Worked out great .

Archived