It’s been a while since I last posted here. I been in a great spot mentally and spiritually. With that, I left my ex in the past and kept it moving. The last time I heard from him was a year ago and as of recently he viewed my ig stories

Today he dm’d me. I believe it was because I was hanging out with his friend’s girlfriend for the weekend to go to a show. He said hi to me and hoped I was doing great. I responded back saying hi and he proceeds to ask me how have I been and I just kinda snapped. I asked him what was the reason for him hitting me up when he has a girlfriend and we have nothing to talk about? He read it and didnt respond initially so I said that was expected for him to not give an answer to my question and all he does is respond saying “you won lol”

Now Im pissed at his nonchalant response because Idk how to make sense of his response. So I just straight up told him to stop messaging me and not to creep on my instagram. And his response was not something I expected from him. He told me “no comment” and just as I was about write a response, he tells me to stop writing and that I was being extra. That I said what I had to say and that was it. “I was just saying hi” he goes. And honestly I just could not believe it. Like dude you stll have not gave a response to what I am asking of you and why is that? And Am I not allowed to question why you are texting me??

All of last year I knew he was seeing someone right after we stopped talking to each other. And everytime he would hit me up I never called him out on his BS. Hell, throughout the last two and half years of this mess (yes its been that long) I been nice, I was cordial, I played along if that meant getting “us” back. But clearly it backfired. Fastforward to now I dont want him, I deserve better, he has not changed and I have moved on. And I also used this time to look back on how I was treated and though I was in love, should have put my foot down with him.

It pisses me off because of the lies he told me, the bullsht he put me through, he still thinks we are on good terms? Like he cant fathom why I want nothing to do with him.

I’m not gonna boost his ego because I know what he’s doing. Keeping one foot in the door. It’s like clockwork. He will never admit What is it that he wants from me. We are not the kind of exes where we “check-in” with each other once a blue moon and it’s not a big deal. Me and him did not end on good terms.

Yes I am aware I shouldnt have responded. But honestly I really wanted to get that off my chest because idgaf anymore. I used to afraid to lose him, lose a chance to get back together, but he made that choice for me. He made things this way because he doesnt care. So I can say what I want now because I’m not scared anymore.

And yes he is now blocked

Sorry about this little blip on an otherwise smooth road toward healing.

His intentions aren't what is relevant here. Maybe he just wanted to say hi, see if the dust had settled and you guys could be "cool." Maybe he's lonely, and wanted some attention from a once-reliable source. What matters is how this made you feel: shaken, unnerved, annoyed, thrown. You clearly have a lot of feelings about him and the time you shared that are thorny—and that's just fine. Contact doesn't serve you at this point in time, and so: no contact. Listen to you, what you need, what feels right rather than worrying about his motives.

I deserve better, he has not changed and I have moved on.

Yes I am aware I shouldnt have responded. But honestly I really wanted to get that off my chest because idgaf anymore.

You DGAF because if you didn't, you'd not be holding onto this anger a year later. You immediately jumped on him when in all actuality he probably was just saying "hi" with no motive behind it. Anytime someone looks at social media or pics memories resurface, or the thought of you is in their mind in that moment.

So, don't be friendly. If you really didn't care though, there would be no need to block because contact from him wouldn't phase you at all.

Just curious, Flowerbomb. When you realized that you didn't want him back and what a lying piece of brown he was, why didn't you block and delete him then?

We do not follow each other but my profile is public. His number has been deleted from my phone for a while too. I just never cared enough to actually block someone on social enough

We do not follow each other but my profile is public. His number has been deleted from my phone for a while too. I just never cared enough to actually block someone on social enough

Why would anyone keep their profile public? What are you trying to gain by letting the world see what you're up to and with whom? Unless your profile is for business purposes and advertising you or your product, I don't get why you don't just tighten up your settings.

Well, if your profile wasn't wide open and you had blocked him (since you were done with him anyway) he could never have gotten through to you to say "Hi" and caused you to lose your cool and then start a thread about it. He's still getting under your skin it seems.

As for "what has that got to do with anything:" As I said, I'm curious. I don't get why anyone needs to, or would want to, put their life out there for anyone and everyone to gawk at. I also don't understand why people add perfect strangers as "friends." *shrugs*

Archived