In love with a girl from the girl from the other class

Iheartpie

Hello all, so as you may have seen in my previous post I quit my job. So I thought what better to do than finish my collage degree. So I enrolled into my classes met dorm mates etc, anyway I met a girl who was asking other students for help regarding her project. We initially hit it of and as I helped her we agreed to be friends. Fast forward a few weeks and we became closer. I feel a connection with her, she's cute,smart,kind and funny. While we still relatively good friends I remain overly scared about opening up to someone who I feel romantically attracted to based on what happened the last time. I still shared stories and vice versa and although she seems much better than the last girl I remain afraid and worried about sharing to much in case I get hurt. I want to express my love but I can't open up we good friends but I feel like we could be even more but I don't know how to ask for more time with her . I wanted to ask how do I confess to her? Should I wait I'm worried if I wait to long I'll lose my chance.

Ask her out outside of studying or university projects. Do not confide too much, talk about other girls or friendzone yourself and certainly don't confess any sort of crush or love... it's creepy.

Just ask her out. For example find an event, concert, nice place to eat, take a walk, whatever. Say "have heard of....?" Then "would you like to go to....?"

I remain overly scared about opening up to someone who I feel romantically attracted toI want to express my love but I can't open up we good friends

So I didn't see the part where you've been taking her out to dinner and the movies. Dating is all about getting to know someone so you can figure out if you're compatible and to build trust. You're acting like someone who wants a booty call. And what the heck are you talking about expressing your love for her and opening up to her? You haven't even gone on a date yet!

Courtship rituals are designed to address the very issues you're having. It takes about a year of dating for people to build a relationship.

So let's not put the cart before the horse, as they say. Start by asking this girl out on a date and seeing if she's receptive. And then you build from there.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've went with her on 3 outings and had a really great time, we went on a picnic as group ( we were both invited to this event I did not organize it) We had dinner together and we went to a theme park. All these events have been lots of fun and my work and social life have not depleted, as my grades have been good and I'm still making time to seem my friends. I was wondering what should I ask her out we have known each other for a while now and from the experiences we have had together should I ask her on a first date. Even if she rejects me, she is an awesome friend who I want to hang around with. So I don't want to have any big fall out. What should I do?

Archived