Why do I feel this way? What can I do?

dg9159

I was dating a girl for a year and a half, 6 months were spent dating normally while the other 12 months we're spent long distance. I like this girl and I really care for her. When we're together we have good times and in a year and a half our feelings for each other grew. However, unfortunately I couldn't take the pain of long distance any longer and I decided to end things (this was very very every difficult for me to do).

Now 3 weeks have passed and I went back to home country to spend a month here. I had to meet with her so that I could give her some stuff she left over at my place when she would visit me in the country I went to. She wanted to know if I was sure of my decision, and honestly I don't know if I do or not. I told her that I think it's best to stay broken up because I don't feel that I can spend another year like the last. I also enjoyed seeing her and speaking to her and this puts doubts into my head, it's like I want to be with her but I don't want to be with her doing long distance and so I'd rather just end it and try to move on (maybe that sounds ty but I'm in pain and I need to try to feel better). She asked me to think about it again after we met because as she described it, my words said one thing but the way I look at her says another. I told her that it's probably not a good idea but after talking further I told her I'll think about it again.

Now I feel worse than before and I don't know why. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. How can I know that LDR isn't for me and I should just say no, yet I'm afraid of saying to her to stay broken up, and I also doubt myself about my decision? It's really destroying me. Whenever I'm alone it's just constant thinking about this and it gets so bad that I can physically feel the stress or anxiety or whatever it is in my head and i don't know what to do. I just want to be able to think clearly so maybe I can have some peace and be happy with my decision. I like this girl but when we're apart the distance hurts me too much and I can't help it.

It's understandable. LDRs are unsustainable and difficult. You are right to end things and set both of you free. She may not like it and it won't be easy for you at first, but it's the right thing to do.

I couldn't take the pain of long distance any longer and I decided to end things. I like this girl but when we're apart the distance hurts me too much and I can't help it.

Yeah, don't let her guilt you into continuing the relationship. Follow Hollyj's advice. Tell her you'll be back in a year and you can try it again then if she's still interested and you're both single. But block her during your year away so she can't continue to guilt you or fool herself into thinking she's still in a LDR with you.

Archived