Should I regret or I made the right decision?

I started working on this insurance company two weeks ago. I was hired as a pre-sales officer. During my training, it was so pressuring and hard for me. Everyday I felt so depressed and drained because the job position isn't really my passion and the field too. I had to resign on Monday because it was taking a toll on me. I explained to my boss I want to resign because the passion isn't there. He agreed and let me go.

HOWEVER, just today, as I was about to get my paycheck, my co workers told me this weird thing my boss said yesterday on the meeting room. My boss told them he was planning to make me an editor (because I graduated as a liberal arts major) but since I left, he doesn't want to force me on leaving. Also, he said he believes I have the potential. I then asked my co workers "Why did the boss then assign me at the pre sales department then??? If he believes I have the potential as an editor???" My co workers then told me "everyone goes through the pre sales department so our boss will know which job position you are fit on. Also, you will learn all about the insurance industry and the product if you were assigned at the pre-sales department first"

So I was like ???

I don't know if I should be mad at myself for regretting leaving my company or at my boss who wasn't honest to me. I felt like part of me is dying that I left the company right away.

I don't think you should have any regrets. If he wanted an editor, he should have hired you as an editor. Why would he have told other employees of grooming you for an editor's position? Because he wanted it to get back to you! He wanted you to feel like you were missing out. He's an emotional bully. Insurance is a bullying career. It's best that you're out of it.

Then he should've told you that you were on pre sales first like everyone and that he had hopes on reasigning you to editor when you're done. The fact that he didn't tell you this beforehand and told your colleagues after you leave sounds weird.

Then he should've told you that you were on pre sales first like everyone and that he had hopes on reasigning you to editor when you're done. The fact that he didn't tell you this beforehand and told your colleagues after you leave sounds weird.

It is! Just today he told me I will get my salary after 2 months??? I dont believe him. Not only he wasn't honest to me, but he's being so greedy on my salary

I don't think you should have any regrets. If he wanted an editor, he should have hired you as an editor. Why would he have told other employees of grooming you for an editor's position? Because he wanted it to get back to you! He wanted you to feel like you were missing out. He's an emotional bully. Insurance is a bullying career. It's best that you're out of it.

Exactly! I was so pissed at first but now I realized it's better off for me to leave and find at least a better company. I used to have so much respect on my boss but not anymore

Check your state laws. It varies from the next scheduled pay period to 7-15 business days. 2 mos sounds excessive. Write a business letter with your current address on it indicating where you would like the check sent. At this time make no threats, be polite, etc. Keep a copy and mail it certified. A paper trail is your friend in case they try to stiff you.

I just went to the company today to get my salary and you know what they told me? I will get it AFTER 2 MONTHS.

Archived