Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 44454647

Thread: Getting in my own head

I dunno I kinda interpreted amk's comment about vows meaning it's not necessarily the words (vows) spoken on your wedding day, but the committment behind the words, what those words/vows represent.

A couple does not need to get married to have that commitment, commitment comes from their hearts.

To which I agree, I am not a big proponent of marriage (for various reasons), but do believe in and a big proponent of commitment.

Anyway, just my interpretation of what she meant, probably because it's how I feel so I was projecting a bit, I think we all do a little of that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I dunno I kinda interpreted amk's comment about vows meaning it's not necessarily the words (vows) spoken on your wedding day, but the committment behind the words, what those words/vows represent.

A couple does not need to get married to have that commitment, commitment comes from their hearts.

To which I agree, I am not a big proponent of marriage (for various reasons), but do believe in and a big proponent of commitment.

Anyway, just my interpretation of what she meant, probably because it's how I feel so I was projecting a bit, I think we all do a little of that.
    I did not interpret it that way -she was very dismissive of what marriage vows mean and yet she's harping on all the promises he made to her.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980

This is exactly how I meant it

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by amkxoxo39
    OK I understand - and I agree that it's the act of saying the vows and meaning them in front of witnesses and often many people who love you plus living the vows.

But isnít it a bit contradictory to all your idealistic expectations.

I mean in the world of shoulds it goes first comes love then comes marriage then comes baby with the bby carriage.

Im not so rigid of course, but I dont live on should haves...

You SO need to truly learn who you are Alex.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    But isnít it a bit contradictory to all your idealistic expectations.

I mean in the world of shoulds it goes first comes love then comes marriage then comes baby with the bby carriage.

Im not so rigid of course, but I dont live on should haves...

You SO need to truly learn who you are Alex.
    I agree (and hopefully they were caught kissing in a tree). I think what she meant was she'd take him back even if he didn't want to marry her as long as he still wanted to be her SO and make babies with her. So she'd give up her dream of marriage (which I think was her dream from previous posts) if he would agree to be with her and have children with her. She would forgive his latest behavior just so long as he would take her back.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    She would forgive his latest behavior just so long as he would take her back.
    Indeed. The door is obviously still open for him. She just plans to give him a hard time about it.

I don't know if I could take him back, because I will always remember this pain.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 44454647

Give Advice
Ask For Advice