My boyfriend of over two years told me he needs time and space to figure out what he wants out of life. We always talked about living together and even getting married. We were starting to plan a future together. Things haven't been the best between us the last few months. There's been a lot of tension and lack of intimacy. When he told me he needed space, he told me things I was doing that I didn't even realize. He told m lately I've been negative all the time and upset with him over everything and when I look back at things he's right. He said that's the reason he hasn't been intimate with me or wanted to cuddle or even kiss me. He's under a lot of stress with work and I was just adding on to everything. I'm trying to give him the space he needs but it's so hard when you were planning your life with someone one day and the next you're packing up your things from their house to take home. This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me because I have so much going on family and work wise and even though I know things weren't how they used to be between me and him, he was still my one bright spot throughout all of it. It's been 2 weeks and we've talked on and off but now i find myself crying uncontrollably and not wanting to eat or be around people. I find myself laying in bed all day and not coming out of my room. This is such a ty feeling and I don't know how to cope with it all.

Yes he was open and honest but he mainly sounded desperate. A few things I didn't mention were he was on drugs for a while when we were dating but he's sober now. He also broke his leg last year and has been working in construction his whole life. He still does construction but is constantly in pain from nerve damage. Work hasn't been going well for him either. I knew all of this but didn't realize how much everything truly affected him. He said all the stress is making him want to go back to drugs. When he told me all this he basically begged me for space because I was adding on to all of his stress. I feel like crap because of it and i feel so selfish. So, on top of being heartbroken I'm worried about him wanting to go back to drugs to make the pain go away. I honestly just do not know what to do. I hate being apart because i want to work things out but I don't want to keep adding on to his stress.

I know it's hard, I was messed up for years after losing most contact with my first love BUT I'd say to try to do things that male you happy. Maybe he'll realize how much was invested and when he deald with his stress how much he'd want you around. Be positive, do things that make you laugh, try to go out, hang with friends. Don't seem like you're waiting by the phone for him. And if you do talk again be encouraging. It sounds like it can be turned around but you have to change the little things he discussed because he might feel like you weren't there for him and felt like the connection was non-existent but live life or travel. If he sees you're not falling apart and happy it'll probably look like you're your old positive self. And if you start to embrace it it might not be difficult to speak differently. Just work on being more supportive if you guys do get back together

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately it sounds like his timeline and plans did not line up with yours. That's when he started finding fault with everything. It also sounds like rather than planning a future, it's been unraveling for a while. How old is he? Sadly this is a breakup not just space.

We always talked about living together and even getting married. We were starting to plan a future together.

Archived