Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I keep this a secret from my parents? Birth control?

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    You would need cash to pay for it yourself to make sure your parents donít get an insurance bill or statement.

Do you have acne or uncomfortable/irregular periods? You can use that as an excuse to get on the pill
    I do and i've tried, she got weird when i tried to get on it- and if i keep hounding her it's going to raise suspicions especially since i've really been hanging out with him. She overthinks everything, and isn't stupid

Originally Posted by samtyle
    I dont know how i would make an appointment with my doctor without raising suspicion, i just had a checkup not too long ago.
    Do they have public transportation where you live? Surely you can take a bus. Do you work, you are old enough to.

Also, i don't have feelings for him this is just a fun thing we are doing. I have given my mom no reason to be put on a short leash, this very post shows i'm responsible and not willing to do anything to screw up my entire life. The reason why i'm am doing this with him is because i trust him and i know him. He is my age.
    Famous last words.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Do they have public transportation where you live? Surely you can take a bus. Do you work, you are old enough to.

Famous last words.
    There is about a mile from where i live, and i don't work- i tried but i do school still and i do all the hardest classes there plus a lot of afterschool volunteer stuff, so i cant balance that and school

Platinum Member
    He's the same age as me, but i dont drive i have no way of going to this clinic without them knowing, they're strict and need to know everything.
    Can he drive you there?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Can he drive you there?
    He probably could, it just might be WEIRD and someone said it costed money, my card is linked to theirs and they track everything i buy

Buy condoms with cash.

There is about a mile from where i live, and i don't work- i tried but i do school still and i do all the hardest classes there plus a lot of afterschool volunteer stuff, so i cant balance that and school
    Well, the two of you save up the money it will cost to have a doctor visit and the cost of the pills which you will have to take everyday and you walk to the clinic. If you decide that ALL of the suggestions given to you won't work for some reason then you better make sure that a condom is used EVERY SINGLE TIME. You might want to consider an IUD so that you're not having to pay for a prescription every month.

First things first... find a way to get to your doctor (walk if its only a mile away) and talk to him/her about options.

Platinum Member
    He probably could, it just might be WEIRD and someone said it costed money, my card is linked to theirs and they track everything i buy
    Why would it be weird for him to drive you there? If you two are comfortable enough to have sex with each other, you should be comfortable enough to get a ride to the clinic from him. If you can't ask without feeling totally awkward, I would strongly advise you to wait to have sex with him.

If you are worried about your parents seeing a purchase on your card, can you draw cash from the ATM without raising their suspicions?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Why would it be weird for him to drive you there? If you two are comfortable enough to have sex with each other, you should be comfortable enough to get a ride to the clinic from him. If you can't ask without feeling totally awkward, I would strongly advise you to wait to have sex with him.

If you are worried about your parents seeing a purchase on your card, can you draw cash from the ATM without raising their suspicions?
    Yeah it would raise suspicions, i'll try just asking her again and blame it on my cramps. Good thing is im on my period right now, so it shouldnt be suspicious asking her.

Buying condoms and learning to use them should most definitely be in your sex education-experimentation syllabus. Not misusing or lying about your parents funds.

Or developing a convoluted plot to obtain prescription birth control to defy and deceive your parents. While they don't need to know every sexual experiment or about a boy you like what you do together etc. Rebelling and lying to cut your nose off to spite your face is silly...and immature.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice