Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I keep this a secret from my parents? Birth control?

How do I keep this a secret from my parents? Birth control?

My guy bestfriend and I have been hanging out a lot this summer, we've gone on so many adventures, and recently he has met my family. The minute my mom found out I've been constantly talking to this boy she got all weird and automatically thought i liked him and he liked me and we were a thing, but that's not the case. When he came over to my house, she watched us like a hawk regardless of the amount of times i told her he was just a friend. Well, yesterday i told her that i was going to see a movie with him when in reality i went to his place and we played video games. I knew she wouldn't be okay with me going over there for probably the exact things we did. We were playing games and out of nowhere he kissed me one thing lead to another and we made out a lot, amongst other things (no sex though).

We talked and had decided we want to do it again, not all the time but an occasional fun time. My mom found out that i went over to his place yesterday because movies aren't 6 hours long, and she was a little thrown off by it but not mad. But, she's not going to let me go over there all the time because then she'll know. I am not a sneaky teen, and i am the WORST at lying especially to my parents. So, how do i continue this without telling my mom? We are being smart; the entire time we were making out anything he'd do he would ask permission because he didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable- also this isn't a norm for me this guy was my first kiss and stuff, so out of my element.

Lastly, since we want to continue things we may take them a step further and have sex. He will of course wear condoms but i want to get on birth control because you can never be too safe. How do i go about that? I tried to get on a while ago for cramps but my mom got weird about it and danced over the topic. If I keep asking she's going to know it's because im fooling around with some dude, she already thinks it's weird how i've been spending so much time with him especially at his house. Like I said this whole thing is new to me and I have no adults who won't tell my mom about this, and if my mom finds out she'll put me on a short leash with this dude (it's happened to my brother).

^^^
    my parents are pretty strict so going to a clinic and stuff is not an option idk how i would get there and keep it from my mom

Platinum Member
    How old are you?

Platinum Member
    Before giving advice, how old are you and which part of the world are you in? I ask because there are different regulations and laws regarding accessibility to contraception, depending on where you are and your age.

I do applaud you for asking about this, in any event. It's great that you're thinking ahead and being smart about this.

How old are you? Here, where I live if you are 16 then you don't need your parents permission to go on birth control and anything between you and your doctor is confidential.

That being said, I think you should talk to your "friend" about being in an exclusive relationship because you're going to (if you haven't already) develop attachment to him through your sexual bonding and if he's not committed, you'll be crushed when/if he starts dating someone else.

BTW: Your very behaviour is why your mother has been trying to put you on a short leash. She was young once and she knows what hormones raging around someone you are attracted to can lead to. Is your "guy friend" the same age as you? How old is he?

Originally Posted by DanZee
    How old are you?
    I am 17 years old

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Before giving advice, how old are you and which part of the world are you in? I ask because there are different regulations and laws regarding accessibility to contraception, depending on where you are and your age.

I do applaud you for asking about this, in any event. It's great that you're thinking ahead and being smart about this.
    I am 17 i live in Washington state (USA)

The age of consent in Washington State is 16. You can go to a free clinic or your own doctor and get on birth control without your parents consent or the need for them to know.

How old is your "male friend?"

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    How old are you? Here, where I live if you are 16 then you don't need your parents permission to go on birth control and anything between you and your doctor is confidential.

That being said, I think you should talk to your "friend" about being in an exclusive relationship because you're going to (if you haven't already) develop attachment to him through your sexual bonding and if he's not committed, you'll be crushed when/if he starts dating someone else.

BTW: Your very behaviour is why your mother has been trying to put you on a short leash. She was young once and she knows what hormones raging around someone you are attracted to can lead to. Is your "guy friend" the same age as you? How old is he?
    I dont know how i would make an appointment with my doctor without raising suspicion, i just had a checkup not too long ago.

Also, i don't have feelings for him this is just a fun thing we are doing. I have given my mom no reason to be put on a short leash, this very post shows i'm responsible and not willing to do anything to screw up my entire life. The reason why i'm am doing this with him is because i trust him and i know him. He is my age.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    The age of consent in Washington State is 16. You can go to a free clinic or your own doctor and get on birth control without your parents consent or the need for them to know.

How old is your "male friend?"
    He's the same age as me, but i dont drive i have no way of going to this clinic without them knowing, they're strict and need to know everything.

How do I keep this a secret from my parents? Birth control?

You would need cash to pay for it yourself to make sure your parents donít get an insurance bill or statement.

Do you have acne or uncomfortable/irregular periods? You can use that as an excuse to get on the pill

Also, are you going to college in the fall?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice