Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's the update! And now I want your help to detox from him, forever!

Bronze Member

Here's the update! And now I want your help to detox from him, forever!

I dated a guy on WhatsApp for about two weeks and he decided to end that because he feels I am getting way too attached to him, pretty weird he wanted me to date him and was kept on asking me unless I said yes! We chatted for two weeks and he began feeling suffocated and strangled it seems. So he called off everything between us, after two days we talked again and today, just before half an hour he said "I got so very attached in a little span of time, if we would have stayed longer god knows what would have happened"- this was like a slap on my face, a very tight slap! It's hurting me like anything. I don't know what to say or what to do!
    All I want to do is forget him forever!
    I feel such a fool, an immature, an uneducated, disgusting woman!
    PS: when I told him- "you wanted me to date, I dated you, you wanted to quit things between us, I let you do so, you wanted us to be friends, I am friend with you, now you want me to not talk to you... why do you take all the decisions own on your own?"
    To this he said- this is who I am! And it's good to be apart"
    Last edited by Elavohra; 08-03-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Platinum Member
    If he called everything off, why do you still stay in contact? I would think deleting his messages and blocking him would have been the way to go.

Or did you still have "hope"?

And you are not any of the names you called yourself. Please don't beat yourself up, we've all made dating mistakes.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    If he called everything off, why do you still stay in contact? I would think deleting his messages and blocking him would have been the way to go.

Or did you still have "hope"?
    When he called things off, he texted me the next day, so we began talking.. sometimes he talks well and sometimes he talked nonchalant!

Platinum Member
    I say it's time to block him. No need to continue to engage with this man.

And please don't call yourself names. You aren't any of those things.

Platinum Member
    How many times did you meet him in person?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    How many times did you meet him in person?
    We studied together for 4 months in late 2016, but we didn't talk much at that point of time. He had a crush on me and he tried to ask me, but he got to know that I was in a relationship at that point of time. But after almost 1.5 years he asked me to date since I am single now, but now we're living in different states!

Platinum Member
    So how were you suppose to date each other?

Don't waste your time. This guy is crazy

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by DanZee
    So how were you suppose to date each other?

Don't waste your time. This guy is crazy
    Yes, we were supposed to date and see things work out between us or not, but he said I got way too attached to him in just over two weeks and he can't commit anything. So, he wants to quit everything.
    It was gonna be a long distance relationship!

Gold Member
    I don't mean any disrespect, but the amount of people posting on here about romances that (a) don't even last a month and (b) are conducted solely over apps is kind of staggering.

Two weeks is simply not nearly enough time for this level of drama, and it might be worth taking a moment to ask what's going on here, why you're so bent on engaging this intensely with a screen person. It seems people are so eager to be dating someone that they'll call texting a near stranger dating, and then go through the rollercoaster ride of breaking up before they've even gotten, um, together. To me this is mistaking drama for depth, "connection" for connection.

I mean, I've been seeing someone for the past three weeks. We hang out, talk life, laugh, have lots of sex. In other words, some real life, 3D, IRL stuff. It's a lot of fun! It's real! And you know what it isn't? DRAMATIC. We're both pretty clear that it's early, we're still very much just getting to know each other, and we'll see where it goes. If she texted me today saying she can't see me anymore I wouldn't even really consider it breaking up. It would just mean we never quite found the footing to start dating more seriously.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I don't mean any disrespect, but the amount of people posting on here about romances that (a) don't even last a month and (b) are conducted solely over apps is kind of staggering.

Two weeks is simply not nearly enough time for this level of drama, and it might be worth taking a moment to ask what's going on here, why you're so bent on engaging this intensely with a screen person. It seems people are so eager to be dating someone that they'll call texting a near stranger dating, and then go through the rollercoaster ride of breaking up before they've even gotten, um, together. To me this is mistaking drama for depth, "connection" for connection.

I mean, I've been seeing someone for the past three weeks. We hang out, talk life, laugh, have lots of sex. In other words, some real life, 3D, IRL stuff. It's a lot of fun! It's real! And you know what it isn't? DRAMATIC. We're both pretty clear that it's early, we're still very much just getting to know each other, and we'll see where it goes. If she texted me today saying she can't see me anymore I wouldn't even really consider it breaking up. It would just mean we never quite found the footing to start dating more seriously.
    Firstly, he is not a stranger to me, we studied together.
    Secondly, i myself don't consider it a break up since we just dated for two weeks. But I am upset over the things he said to me. Like, how am I suppose to date a person? Emotionless?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice