Hi guys,

recentyl my GF broke up with me after only 3 weeks in the relationship, it wasnt anyone's fault, its just that she has a strict traditional parents, she's 19 and her parents doesnt like her snooping around with any boyfriends, so they locked her away from me, she's the youngest and the only girl in the family so its quite difficult to keep in touch, appart from my little sister whom i told once to sneak food into her classroom.

the thing is its been 2 weeks now, and i dont know if i should persue this relationship. should i send her another letter perhaps, just to let her know that im still here.

when we were together she was always caring and i could feel it was real, or maybe thats just because we were just 3 weeks in.

part of me is also telling me to let go since it hasnt been that long and i should focus on other stuff.

Have you tried visiting with the family? I believe a traditional courtship involves dating the family as much as dating the girl. You need to get them on your side. You can use your sister as a go-between, bringing her letters and little gifts. But if the family is against you, I don't see much hope unless the girl becomes more independent. Also part of the courtship process is to appear reluctant to date, unless she has given you a clear signal to go away, so you should continue to show your interest in her.

Have you tried visiting with the family? I believe a traditional courtship involves dating the family as much as dating the girl. You need to get them on your side. You can use your sister as a go-between, bringing her letters and little gifts. But if the family is against you, I don't see much hope unless the girl becomes more independent. Also part of the courtship process is to appear reluctant to date, unless she has given you a clear signal to go away, so you should continue to show your interest in her.

yeah i got a message from her mom, her dad likes me quite a lot (oddly enough) its her step mom who's adamantly against me and 3 of her brothers of course. and our relationship was a secret because of this. the message was to keep away and that they threaten me in some whay in that letter.

actually we were only official for 3 weeks but we've been dating for 3 months.

Archived