pinkbox

I met this guy few months ago, we had great connection even tho it was long distance, we FaceTime everyday would make plans about future he would talk to me all the time. He is an American souldier and I am European we were really into each other I visited him and his friends for the weekend and things were great if not how he treated me around his friends it was really disrespectful even tho he kept on saying those were jokes so I wasn’t that mad it lead to few arguments tho, later on he stopped talking to me and when I asked why he said that his friend told him we fought too much and it turns out he’s going back to the states next year anyways so I stopped contacting him it was very hard 2 weeks for me I was pretty depressed, he texted me few days ago and said he’d want us to be friends for now because he already had sex with 2 other girls. It broke me down I feel used and on one hand I really would like it to work out but on the other I feel like he was using me all the time. Should I wait until he realises his mistake or let go?

To be brutally honest it sounds like he doesn’t care about your feelings. He has disrespected you and slept with other people. Don’t you want to be with someone that treats you with respect? He doesn’t want to be friends, he wants to see if he can keep you on the back burner in case nothing better comes along.

Sorry if that’s harsh and I know you’re hurting but this sounds like it’s not worth your time

Thank you for answers :) I know how it looks like also I took all the blame on myself saying I just overreacted when it came down to his so called jokes, also he said he doesn’t see any of his fault in it so you girls must be right. It’s just I’ve always met good guys before and I must have forgotten that some of men don’t care about women the way we would want to be treated. Well maybe I’m just too naive but if he said that we could try again I’d totally go for it I hope I’ll change my attitude fast tho

Quite simply, don't date soldiers unless you're trying to land a marriage visa and move to their country. Off-duty soldiers just want to have fun and some sex. He was probably talking to you because he was lonely. That's all. You were probably cute with a cute accent. So don't date soldiers unless you just want to have fun and have some one-night stands.

No, it’s not about visa I’d rather stay in Europe, I’m graduating from medicine in 3 years so I guess I’ll have plenty of great job opportunities. Those jokes, I don’t know like asking for some sexual favour in front of his friends or just saying mean stuff to me, when we were alone tho he was super nice. Well whatever I kind of see that it was pointless anyways now.

OP, you are long distance, so right there you had nothing going for you but a chat buddy. When you met face to face, you saw for the first time the real him and he is quite an a hole. You don't have a relationship and he is sleeping with whoever he can get into his bed. Walk away. You can do better and have more fun while at it with a more decent guy. This one isn't it.

Archived