Really in need of help. What to do?

Christy21

Hello!

I am 21 right now, soon turning 22. I have been dating this guy almost a year, but things have been bad lately. What I mean by lately–almost 6 months.

At the beginning it was great as always, I was madly in love, he treated me and cared for me. Made breakfast, cuddled with me in the mornings, also he was very happy and positive. But now, I don't even recognize him.

Our relationship is night and day when comparing to the beginning. He is being mean to me, criticizing almost everything I do. He never cuddles with me, instead he is on his phone the whole morning. Also, I feel that he's really selfish when it comes to intimacy. Whenever I'm in need of a comforting hug or when I'm in the mood for sex, he turns me down. He says that he don't want it, but when he wants it, he always gets it, because I feel, I have to take every chance of intimacy, cause there ain't a lot.

I don't feel like I am his priority anymore. He doesn't take me on dates, and would rather spend time with his family. I have been constantly telling him that I don't like when he is being mean to me or not giving me any affection. He says that I need too much attention, but he rarely gives me any. Also he says, that I take his comments too seriously and that he jokes. But I'm more afraid that he is just manipulating me.

Our relationship is like a rollercoaster and I'm constantly crying, because he is hurting me. But he doesn't even care when I'm crying.

I have to state that I know he's not cheating so that's out here.

What has happened? I really love and care for this man, but I can't take this anymore. Please help me, what to do?

This is the real him. The beginning was him putting up a front to get you, and now that he has you, you're seeing his true colours.

I would break up with him. It doesn't matter that he's not cheating; that should be a given, really. What matters is that you've been unhappy for 6 months and this relationship makes you feel bad, not good.

You tried. It didn't work, and he's not a match for you.

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like for the at least 1/2 of your relationship it hasn't been working. This is the real him. The rosy glow and sparkle of new romance has worn off. However he knows he can treat you badly and like an after thought because for 1/2 the relationship you have tolerated it.

It's time to stop trying to change him and just dump him. There's no reason to stick around for this nonsense when you can cut your losses and find a decent guy.

I have been dating this guy almost a year, but things have been bad lately.–almost 6 months. I'm constantly crying, because he is hurting me.

Archived