Continuously dumped by a new girlfriend, did i make the right choice?

Dudley

I have been seeing this woman for the past 2 months, at the start everything was going great.

On a thursday night i was out with my friends (male friends) having dinner , my phone was on silent from being in a meeting eralier that day, when i checked it i had 3 missed calls from her, she was having problems locking her car, when i eventually got hold of her she was very short with me, one word answers, then she text me saying she had lost interest in me and that she didnt really know me, she then admitted to saying she thought i was out with another woman, we got over this.

Then one day we were out at the Mall and she asked me why i still had pictures of my ex on Facebook? I told her i hadn't noticed (as i dont use Facebook that much in the last few years.)

I told her i would delete them when i got home.

That night i forgot to delete them, the next day she text me saying she blocked me on facebook and told me to take care, i called her and asked why? she said it was because i still loved me ex, i told her that was ridiculous and started to delete the photos, she kept saying for me to never contact her again, i begged her to forgive me and drove to her house, i stayed with her that night, we made love and everything was fine, then during the night i noticed her drinking straight from a wine bottle beside the bed, she began to get drunk and cry and said she had broken her promises to herself by not waiting for us to get married, she said i had to let her go, i told her she was drunk and i would talk to her the next day but she wouldnt listen.

The next day she called me saying she was sorry, i forgave her again.

At this stage i had started to smoke due to the anxiety but didnt tell her becuase she was a nurse and also due to how she acted thus far i was afraid she would dump me again.

we were out for lunch and i was sending a message to my brother on my phone, she didnt say there was a problem with it at the time. Then the next morning she got really angry and screamed at me for messaging my brother while i was in her company, i told her it was my family, and she said 'no you lied' you said you only email your work, you lied about messaging your family. Then she packed the few belongings she had at my house and drove away, while she drove away i had a cigarette to calm my nerves, suddenly she drove back, i put the cigarette out and quickly washed my teeth, she came in and gave me a hug, she then asked if i smoked, i admitted i did, she asked why i lied to her about it? i told her i didnt want her to know i had anxiety.

That night we went to the markets and got food and everything was fine, then the next day she text me again saying it was over because i lied to her. This time i accepted it and told her i would come and pick my stuff up from her house, she then started crying saying she was sorry and that she didnt want to lose me.

I told her i had enough of being thrown away like rubbish and taken back again at the click of a finger, when i picked my stuff up she begged and pleaded with me not to break up, but my head is shot at this point.

Has anyone else had similar experiences like this? And have i made the right choice?

Too much drama, and too many insecurities on her part. Yes, you made the right choice. Life is too short to be subjecting yourself to situations and people like that. Doesn’t sound like she’s in the right mindset to be in a healthy relationship. Get out and stay away. Don’t give into her apologies. I’m surprised that you tolerated as much as you did! I wouldn’t be able to do that. You clearly made the right choice.

She will.keep breaking up with you every time you either do something she doesn't like or don't do something she wants you to do. It's her manipulative way of controlling you. She will not stop and will not learn.

Leave her behind. This would only get worse.

You are not right for each other. I was kind of like that once when I was really young (not as bad, though!) I was crushed when my antics drove away a great guy and I blamed myself. Later I realized it's compatibility because the next guy I was with, had a calming effect on me. I felt secure and on the occasions when I wanted to break up, he didn't believe me, didn't react, and just told me to go home and think, come back later then I was fine. Relationship dynamics is complicated. You can love each other but not get along. There isn't much you can do about it.

Should have dropped her after the first dramatic episode. You've barely met, only 2 months and she is already acting completely psycho and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Why you would put up with that kind of behavior at all, let alone question your decision to end things at last is a bit concerning. Have better boundaries going forward. When people show you who they are so quickly, you better believe them and walk away faster instead of trying to invest more time into a wreck.

Two months you should still be on cloud nine and enjoying fun dates as you grow closer together. You should not be having any kind of drama, fighting, break ups....what is there to break up even when you aren't yet in a relationship....or shouldn't be yet. Maybe going forward cool your jets a bit and don't jump into insta relationship with random strange women....especially ones who are clearly unhinged.

Should have dropped her after the first dramatic episode. You've barely met, only 2 months and she is already acting completely psycho and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Why you would put up with that kind of behavior at all, let alone question your decision to end things at last is a bit concerning. Have better boundaries going forward. When people show you who they are so quickly, you better believe them and walk away faster instead of trying to invest more time into a wreck.

Two months you should still be on cloud nine and enjoying fun dates as you grow closer together. You should not be having any kind of drama, fighting, break ups....what is there to break up even when you aren't yet in a relationship....or shouldn't be yet. Maybe going forward cool your jets a bit and don't jump into insta relationship with random strange women....especially ones who are clearly unhinged.

I agree, i really liked her, even loved her, but her outburts over very minor things made me start to resent her, i have blocked her on all social media sites and her number from my phone, she called me 23 times on Tuesday night and messaged me 41 times, i didnt read any of them , thanks for your reply

In the beginning stages everyone is typically on their very best behavior. If this is her best, I'd hate to see her worst.

2 months is not that big of an investment. Unless you want more of the same, I'd cut this one lose.

Agree 100%, i gave her lots of chances because i adored her, i thought she would change, but your right, it would have got much worse, thanks for your reply

Archived