Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminating pregnancy.. Women only please.

I only asked a question, it wasn't advice or intended as shaming, as she hadn't specifically mentioned adoption. I understand she is worried that another pregnancy might be hard on her and her infant. (A second pregnancy and birth may not be the same as the first.)

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by journeynow
    I only asked a question, it wasn't advice or intended as shaming, as she hadn't specifically mentioned adoption. I understand she is worried that another pregnancy might be hard on her and her infant. (A second pregnancy and birth may not be the same as the first.)
    Again, I didn't quote your response as shaming. See my previous post. She was clear she wanted an abortion and couldn't go through with the pregnancy, hence no adoption option after consideration. Only surprised, is all.

I knew some people would be posting about adoption or what about this or that etc I may have done the same two years ago I was raised in a catholic house went to catholic school attended pro life marches as a teen. I know all that side I just really wanted to hear the other side. The pro choice side and women who had an abortion and don't regret it that is the side I haven't been shown. So thank you to everyone who replied. It is never easy but I almost instantly gravitated to this choice

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    You canít judge how you will feel based on how someone else did. They are them and you are you.

Don't put a moral label on yourself. Instead, ask your doctor to recommend a hospital/clinic/office that is not in the line of fire of political activists. You must consult with your doctor one way or the other, particularly given a recent difficult pregnancy.
    Originally Posted by Lalaxoxo
    I have always been pro life.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 07-30-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Platinum Member
    I think you have a valid medical reason for having an abortion because of your problems with your previous pregnancy. You should discuss this with your gynecologist, He may tell you that it's too soon to go through a pregnancy and recommend an abortion.

Iím pro-life, Catholic, and will be in labor in a couple weeks! I also struggled with a very difficult pregnancy (HG sucks) and a miscarriage, so I definitely know what you are going through, OP. I also admit to contemplating on abortion because I was extremely ill, had lost nearly 30 lbs, was at the plot of extreme starvation and dehydration and was put on bed rest for nearly two months of my first trimester.
    My nausea didnít stop until I was 33 weeks pregnant!

I do believe abortion is murder. HOWEVER, I also believe in exceptions for extreme cases... if the woman was raped and could not receive immediate medical assistance (like held against her will) OR her life was in jeopardy throughout the pregnancy and there are no other options to safely carry her baby or herself due to medical complications, then abortion should be exercised. Personally for me, it would be my very last resort.

I am not the OPís doctor, so I canít fully say if this pregnancy will endanger her health. But itís definitely something to have a conversation between her and her OBGYN.

Actually it probably doesn't cost much more to feed another mouth. And the clothing they can share. I know that when the kids are a bit older, it's easier on you when they have siblings to keep them busy. Maybe you can talk to a doctor about your fears of having another difficult pregnancy. Of course you have the choice, but you want to act for the right reasons so that you won't have regrets.

Platinum Member
    I think this isn't about pro-life vs. pro-choice, nor is it about anyone else's experience.

This is such a purely personal decision, probably the single most personal decision, in the world.

You will have to do whatever soul-searching you need to do to make an informed decision.

This is one instance where I would advise against therapy, religious counseling, friends, family, and message boards.

Make this decision with yourself and the father.

Platinum Member
    My parents did not own a home until I was 12 years old and the youngest child in the family 4. We had just one car until I was 8 when it became necessary because dad worked 70 minutes away and we moved to a rural area -- just in case of emergency - mom needed a car even if it was junky. Its not like when we lived in the city and could just walk to the corner to catch the bus or something. Some people own their first home at 65. Some never do.

You do not know how this pregnancy will be. Some women have horrible first pregnancies and great second pregnancies. If you can't afford to care for the child, how about placing them for adoption? I am not saying you have to give your child to social services - but a private agency where you can choose the couple. Your 5 month old won't remember the baby -- you can tell him in time when he is older if you choose to. They could have a wonderful life. Honestly, if you are pro-life, you in the future will regret your decision if you abort your baby. you can't guarantee if you continue the pregnancy that you will have a bad one. you can't predict that if you abort, things will go on as normal - you could have complications too.

How does your boyfriend feel? Its his choice, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice