Ex-wife keeps me on her Skype contact list

So I logged in to my old laptop today, and, lo and behold, noticed that my ex-wife still has me on her contact list for Skype, LinkedIn and Twitter.

We have been divorced for 2 years and we are not on speaking terms. It’s funny, we are both online on Skype but we don’t communicate. I have initiated No Contact on July 1st.

I was so sure that she didn’t wanted to have anything to do with me and blocked me on everything.

Am I reading too much into this? Is her behaviour normal or is this out of the norm?

My MySpace page is devoted to the guy I was dating during the time that MySpace was still a viable thing. No, I am not still in love with him.

BTW, are you still engaged? Does your fiancée know you are hoping your ex wife comes back to you ("comes to her senses")?

It could just mean that she didn't want to completely let go. Possibly down the line you could even become friendly enough to say hello with no intentions behind it.

Divorcing can be harsh and you do lose a huge part of your life. It's not always easy to completely erase everything but at the same time, it doesn't mean there are any romantic connotations connected to it.

This means absolutely nothing. A lot of people don't go through some grand overture of removing an ex off every social media/communication platform. I still have an ex's number in my phone who I dated in high school. I can say for sure that I do not care about him at all. Stop looking for reasons to hold on. Instead, acknowledge her unwillingness to reconnect with you or work at your marriage, and any of the other very concrete, very real actions she has taken over the years that show she doesn't care. Work on grounding yourself in reality and moving on.

Wow, there's a current fiancee?

Op, you really need to get over the ex wife. You are being no where fair to your current partner by continually looking in the rear view mirror.

If you truly want to move on and be fair to your current fiancee, delete the ex wife off of Skype, and let it go.

Who in the heck still uses skype? LOL. I probably have tons of people on there I don't talk to anymore. Its easier to choose not to talk to them over figuring a way how to delete them. You are reading too much into it.

• 1 month later...

So Dan, asking you because there is still some confusion. Are you still with or engaged to someone else who is not your wife but a completely different woman? and I will define it. Are you 'an item' in a committed relationship, exclusive, engaged, or seriously dating this same woman who is not your X wife?

And before you ask of that matters to how one responds..yes it does.

So Dan, asking you because there is still some confusion. Are you still with or engaged to someone else who is not your wife but a completely different woman? and I will define it. Are you 'an item' in a committed relationship, exclusive, engaged, or seriously dating this same woman who is not your X wife?

And before you ask of that matters to how one responds..yes it does.

He was engaged to an entirely different woman, but he said on his other thread that relationship ended recently.

He was engaged to an entirely different woman, but he said on his other thread that relationship ended recently.

I saw that post and it was just a brief lets get it out of the way mention. But he said that he ended it over the summer but was still seeing her as recently as Aug 24th. So I just needed some clarity.

Archived