People who knew of the affair and didnt tell YOU???

Nitehawk72

I've been on the side of knowing that someone was being cheated on. I couldn't stand watching my friend thinking everything was okay when I knew otherwise.

I felt it was the right thing to do and told them.

It was tough, no one wants to be in that position but on the other hand, you will be a part of the betrayal if you know and say nothing.

One of my former friends thought she should tell me my boyfriend was cheating on me. And wanted to know if it was ok if she became friendly with the person. Thing is that he wasn't cheating because we weren't exclusive and I didn't want to know who he was dating and vice versa. So because she told me, now I knew, now I knew she wanted to be friendly with her and now I knew this woman thought that she was serious with my "boyfriend". So please be careful before sharing information.

I’ve been on both sides. I’ve known someone was cheating and I’ve known someone was being cheated on.

For me, it comes down to who is my «primary» friend. You are always more friends with one person in the couple.

If my primary friend is cheating, I’ll stay out of it. If my primary friend is being cheated on, I’ll let them know my suspicions (stated as suspicions or plant a seed in their head - I’ll never flat-out call it a fact unless I witnessed it myself).

Since this is your SON - you should absolutely tell him what you heard. Absolutely. You don’t need proof to tell him about the rumor (stated as a rumor).

Or better... get your daughter to tell him exactly what she heard... (that way, it’s closer to the source)

You should have ZERO loyalty to this stranger who will likely not even be in your lives in 5 years.

This one is a no-brainer to me. Even if it is your daughter’s best friend’s sister.

Eh, a lot of people think it's best to stay out of the affairs of others. If it's family or a close friend, sure, step in and let them know. Otherwise, you're asking to become part of unnecessary drama. Another poster mentioned a good point too. You just don't know what the couple has agreed on and you may be viewed as intrusive by interfering. Just too many risks involved in 90% of cases.

Yes, in this case in particular, that's your son, you need to tell him what you've heard. Though hopefully the girlfriend will admit to it otherwise it could get dicey.

I am so sorry, OP. I know it hurts to see your child hurting. I wished there weren't selfish people in this world.

Why didnt they tell you??

Apparently they thought she was more fun than I was and they wanted to stay her friend. The problem is if someone is willing to betray the person sleeping next to them every night, why would anyone think they would make a good friend? Once I see someone's true colors I always reevaluate my relationship to said person. If someone is a lair then it's only a matter of time before they lie to you.

Talk to your son in general terms such as "so how is...?" Make sure your intel is accurate. Do you have a beef with her? Does whoever told you? Most people hate being the bearer of bad news because of the 'kill the messenger' factor.

My sons girlfriend is having sex with his friend ( isnt that a kick in the knackers )
Apparently they thought she was more fun than I was and they wanted to stay her friend. The problem is if someone is willing to betray the person sleeping next to them every night, why would anyone think they would make a good friend? Once I see someone's true colors I always reevaluate my relationship to said person. If someone is a lair then it's only a matter of time before they lie to you.

Wow....they werent even sorry on how you felt??? Dammmnn.

P.S ....They probably f****d her too.

Wow....they werent even sorry on how you felt??? Dammmnn.

P.S ....They probably f****d her too.

That whole experience sent me into a tailspin. I was hospitalized twice after probably 10 suicide attempts.

People are often very short sighted, it's easy to ignore vile behavior when it's not directed towards you, but there are consequences to every action and inaction.

That whole experience sent me into a tailspin. I was hospitalized twice after probably 10 suicide attempts.

People are often very short sighted, it's easy to ignore vile behavior when it's not directed towards you, but there are consequences to every action and inaction.

Shoulda cussed them out or hit them.

Was was their exact words?

Shoulda cussed them out or hit them.

Was was their exact words?

Their words were, its not our place to say anything. And within two weeks none of them talked to me again.

Withholding information from those you care about will only alienate your relationship with them.

Archived