Weird or normal ?

Tuna010

I just want to know people's thoughts. I met this guy online about 1 week ago and he wanted to go grab a drink but he seemed very unconfident and was like I'll understand if you say no, but I said yes, then he started going on about how fat he had gotten and he needed to lose weight and cancelled the date (made up a lie about flying to another state but he's kms said he was still in the area) then we reschedule and he still saying how fat he is and will

Understand if I don't want to go anyway and to look for the fat guy when finding him, met him yesterday, seemed to go ok, we had dinner and a drink then at the end I was going home and he's like oh you can come hang out at mine if you want and I said nah I better go home feed my pets etc. Then he message me when I got home saying I'm welcome to come around if I'm bored and I said no but I'd like to catch up again if he wants and he said definitely and that he had a really nice time, he then sent a couple more message making joking reference about the date and stuff we laughed about. Then this morning I get a message from him saying "he had a really nice time but we are 2 completely opposite people and he doesn't see it going anywhere" and then he blocked me after I said "ok that's fine" it just seemed weird, it says on his profile he's not after a one night stand. It just seems weird!

Wow. He's all over the place.

Honestly, if a potential date started off with self depreciation such as, "I got so fat so I would understand why you wouldn't want to go out with me" I wouldn't take him seriously enough even for a quick drink. When people lack confidence like that it's such a turn off.

At first, I kind of felt bad for the guy but when he canceled with an excuse that turned out to be a lie, then asked you to come to his place after the first date, then randomly decided not to move forward despite just telling you what a good time he had after the date...he was playing some serious games with you.

I suspect his tactic was to lure you in by convincing you he had low self esteem, in hopes you would feel bad for him. Then, he would ask you back to his place...for pity sex. And when you didn't put out (good job on that btw), his little game didn't pan out so he's off to greener pastures.

Count your blessings and next time screen your potential dates more thoroughly

Wow. He's all over the place.

Honestly, if a potential date started off with self depreciation such as, "I got so fat so I would understand why you wouldn't want to go out with me" I wouldn't take him seriously enough even for a quick drink. When people lack confidence like that it's such a turn off.

At first, I kind of felt bad for the guy but when he canceled with an excuse that turned out to be a lie, then asked you to come to his place after the first date, then randomly decided not to move forward despite just telling you what a good time he had after the date...he was playing some serious games with you.

I suspect his tactic was to lure you in by convincing you he had low self esteem, in hopes you would feel bad for him. Then, he would ask you back to his place...for pity sex. And when you didn't put out (good job on that btw), his little game didn't pan out so he's off to greener pastures.

Count your blessings and next time screen your potential dates more thoroughly

I was going to cancel when I found out he was lying about he's reason for cancelling then thought maybe he was nervous so thought I'd let it blow over, he also mentioned that he would prob have to drink a lot on the date and I wasn't impressed and he took it back and said he wouldn't. Should of trusted my gut and not even gone in the first place. Oh and he wasn't fat at all which was weird.

I was going to cancel when I found out he was lying about he's reason for cancelling then thought maybe he was nervous so thought I'd let it blow over, he also mentioned that he would prob have to drink a lot on the date and I wasn't impressed and he took it back and said he wouldn't. Should of trusted my gut and not even gone in the first place. Oh and he wasn't fat at all which was weird.

Ya, I suspected he wasn't overweight. He was just playing games.

IMO, if a guy/girl cancels a first date (unless its a legit excuse which is rare) that's where you bow out. True colors are already showing. A first date is a person's first chance to make a good impression, if canceling the date is really them putting their best foot forward, bye!

The drinking comment....*yuck* What a waste of time.

I've made mistakes by ignoring my gut before too. Don't beat yourself but also don't repeat the same mistake again.

Your first cue there was the self deprecation. After that, he just got douchier.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Don't ignore funny feelings. Your gut will almost always be right.

Best of luck moving forward :smug:

Ya, I suspected he wasn't overweight. He was just playing games.

IMO, if a guy/girl cancels a first date (unless its a legit excuse which is rare) that's where you bow out. True colors are already showing. A first date is a person's first chance to make a good impression, if canceling the date is really them putting their best foot forward, bye!

The drinking comment....*yuck* What a waste of time.

I've made mistakes by ignoring my gut before too. Don't beat yourself but also don't repeat the same mistake again.

Your first cue there was the self deprecation. After that, he just got douchier.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Don't ignore funny feelings. Your gut will almost always be right.

Best of luck moving forward :smug:

Thanks I guess you learn each time! Hopefully one closer to the one!

Yikes, he sounds mentally unstable.

You'd do well to stay away from him. And I agree with the other posters, he was after sex and dropped you like a rock when you didn't put out.

Be glad you dodged that bullet, definite head case.

Yes. I wouldn't have met him in the first place and be thankful you avoided going back to his place and now it's done. Sorry this happened!

Yikes, he sounds mentally unstable.

You'd do well to stay away from him. And I agree with the other posters, he was after sex and dropped you like a rock when you didn't put out.

Be glad you dodged that bullet, definite head case.

Yeh it all felt a bit weird from the start, the more I think about it the more that makes sense he just wanted sex, I also noticed when I facebooked searched him before the date he has multiple Facebook and Instagram accounts which is a bit odd too.

Yeh it all felt a bit weird from the start, the more I think about it the more that makes sense he just wanted sex, I also noticed when I facebooked searched him before the date he has multiple Facebook and Instagram accounts which is a bit odd too.

It would be a mistake to think of him as being weird. Think of it as him being dangerous. He knows exactly what he is doing. Wanting you to go to the home of a complete stranger, where you have no control of the situation.

Archived