I feel like I lost my boyfriend and I don’t know what to do

Boop13

My boyfriend and I have been dating 4 years now. It was amazing. He was funny, sweet, romantic, charming, supportive, compassionate, goal-oriented, always there when I needed him, faithful, family-oriented, kind to my parents and baby sister. Everything has changed since recent January. He met a big deal Dj in the rap business and started selling weed. He dropped out of school and pick up a new persona. His temperament is aggressive. We don’t talk anymore. We don’t hold conversations like we used to. Our chemistry is almost as if we just tolerate each-other. We don’t laugh together anymore. He stopped caring about his hygiene. He has a new circle of friends, all of them which as up to no good (nice guys but definitely not good influences). Hes become really sarcastic, like there isn’t a moment where he doesn’t have something snarky to say about his parents, my parents, my baby sister, my choices, thoughts, and feelings. As of recently I discovered I contracted chlamydia, and I drilled him about being unfaithful and he denies ever stepping out of the relationship. He didn’t present any cues that signaled me to him lying so I told him I believe him. Him and I were doing amazing at first. We’ve traveled to new places together and worked through old obstacles. He’s my first true love. I thought I was done; I thought I had found the man I was going to marry. I don’t know how to fix this, it feels like I’m the only one fighting. I’ve tried to leave him and he tells me how much he loves me and to give him some time to show me but I can’t help but feel like I lost my best friend.

Advice

Are you sure the only thing he's doing is weed? I would be very suspicious that he's into something harder. This change in personality and increased aggression would have me very concerned about what else he's been taking.

You can't fix this alone. If he's not meeting you in the middle, there is little you can do but protect your own well-being and leave. Yes, really. Why stick around for a guy who has become hostile and could easily wind up in hot water for his commercial transactions? Add to that the odd appearance of chlamydia after 4 years together and I would be done. I highly doubt he's being honest with you about that either and it's not worth the risk to your health.

I'm sorry but he cheated on you. The STD didn't appear out of nowhere. Not only was he unfaithful, but he had no regard for your health in the process. Additionally, he is using new substances and the two of you no longer get along. The relationship has become one of pure convenience. Get out now and sever contact before it gets worse, and make sure to get regular sexual health check-ups.

Archived