Am I crazy about this intense crush?

Leatre

I could really use some advice about this woman I really like. Haven’t felt this strong a romantic attraction to someone ever before. Can’t use dating apps because I feel like it’s pointless because none of them on it are her. So I kind of want to explore it if possible.

We met in an online support chat room about 4 months ago. Get along really well. I think she likes me too because we talk a lot.

Trouble is I’m not sure. We have a lot in common that would make things difficult to ever actually tell. We’re both autistic, shy, scared of intimacy and vulnerability, recently out of the closet and have internalised homophobia, depression, anxiety, have difficulty processing emotion and major self-esteem issues.

Feels like she flirts sometimes by lightly mocking me as she doesn’t do that with anyone else. Honestly it’s so confusing. Sometimes it feels like we are scared to talk to each other. Sometimes she posts things that are aimed at me in a roundabout way. Also, things like she pretends to forget things about me that we talk about daily to make it seem like she doesn’t like me. I feel sure that I’m not imagining it and if there is a real connection there.

But obviously I’m wondering if I am actually crazy? And if so should I just stop using the chat room to get over this intense crush?

Or if there is maybe something there should I even pursue it? And how?

Any help would be much appreciated because it is killing me.

Look, you and her have autism, so you both have trouble reading other people's emotions. Also if you're just texting each other, you're missing out on vocal inflections and body language. So the cure to all this is to ask her out on a date. And if you don't live anywhere near her, and there's no chance of you two meeting, then give up now. Internet romances are a waste of time, and quite often when people do meet, they tire of each other very quickly. So that's the quickest way to find out if someone is interested in you.

We live really far from each other. So it's best to give up? I deleted my dating apps because my feelings for her are so strong it's going to be hard to get over her. Any advice for that? Probably best to stop going on the chat room, right?

Archived