Arthroscopic knee anyone?

I had my knee scoped yesterday to fix my meniscus. From yesterday to this afternoon I was fine. I didn’t need crutches at all, so I walked around a decent amount of the day. Now, I can barely move my leg and definitely cannot walk lol.

Is this normal? Did I overuse my knee? I think I’m going back to the crutches for the next couple days.

I had my knee scoped yesterday to fix my meniscus. From yesterday to this afternoon I was fine. I didn’t need crutches at all, so I walked around a decent amount of the day. Now, I can barely move my leg and definitely cannot walk lol.

Is this normal? Did I overuse my knee? I think I’m going back to the crutches for the next couple days.

No, this isn’t normal — when my husband had that surgery he was given crutches and told not to overuse. Of course you overused — it felt fine because of numbing agents and now you have agitated the area if not caused damage. Did they really give you no instructions and no guidelines?

The pain meds and anesthetic emboldened you at first to overuse it, but then they wore off and because you walked around swelling and inflammation increased. Any surgery including arthroscopic is going have some post surgical pain (aka they like to call it 'discomfort') and require rest and elevation at first, then physical therapy. Always read the post operative and discharge instructions and follow them to the letter. Your orthopedist should be contacted for follow up anyway.

From yesterday to this afternoon I was fine. I didn’t need crutches at all, so I walked around a decent amount of the day. Now, I can barely move my leg and definitely cannot walk.

Archived