Is it too late to get back together?

gigicarmx

Ex broke up with me 2 weeks ago, he has reached out twice saying he messed up then backed out saying he doesn’t know what he wants.

He’s met someone else but doesn’t think he’ll start seeing them. Says he misses me but doesn’t want me but hopefully we will get to try again in the future.

I really want him back. Is it too late?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's difficult to comprehend why you want an abusive jerk like this back. It sounds like you are addicted to the drama and typical on/off abuse cycles.

He probably just wants more money, credit, favors, stuff and sex. He has Zero respect for you.

07-21-2018: I saw him Thursday to pick my iPad up, then the guy text me saying I’d left my lighter at his, then asked me if he could use my PayPal text me today calling me a knobhead. He said he doesn’t know what he wants and apparently met someone else but doesn’t think he’s gonna keep seein em and kept saying maybe me and him will work one day.
Yeah towards the end I think. We argued a lotttt before we broke up and I think I pushed him away.

Why bother going back for more, then?

You suspect he'd been lining someone else up before you ended it, and you couldn't get along. I wouldn't be returning to a mess like that.

I know that it’s just ughhh so hard. I just hope he changes and does want to try again. NC helps

OP, you have to keep in mind it won't be the same if you reconcile. Knowing what you know now, how would ever trust him? Believe me when I tell you that trying to make it work with someone who cheated on you is almost always a losing battle.

Stay NC and put your time to good use. Develop and inside and out improvement plan for yourself. Book an appt with a doctor and get a complete physical. Get an appt with a therapist and explore self respect and self confidence issues and allow a professional to help you navigate this.

Join some groups, clubs, take lessons or courses, volunteer. Update your look. Get in shape, get new clothes, new haircut, etc. Update and reset your social media profiles. Block and delete this jerk from all of them. Put fresh new pics and posts up. Reach out to friends family reconnect with classmates, coworkers etc. Do things to stay productive and increase your self confidence.

Get on some dating apps with a good profile and pics start browsing, then start chatting with and meeting men for coffee. Stop ruminating and waiting around. You are responsible for the quality of your life, your social and romantic interactions, not this jerk.

I want him back now because I feel lonely. And by the time he does realise what a decent person he’s lost it’ll be too late.
Stay NC and put your time to good use. Develop and inside and out improvement plan for yourself. Book an appt with a doctor and get a complete physical. Get an appt with a therapist and explore self respect and self confidence issues and allow a professional to help you navigate this.

Join some groups, clubs, take lessons or courses, volunteer. Update your look. Get in shape, get new clothes, new haircut, etc. Update and reset your social media profiles. Block and delete this jerk from all of them. Put fresh new pics and posts up. Reach out to friends family reconnect with classmates, coworkers etc. Do things to stay productive and increase your self confidence.

Get on some dating apps with a good profile and pics start browsing, then start chatting with and meeting men for coffee. Stop ruminating and waiting around. You are responsible for the quality of your life, your social and romantic interactions, not this jerk.

I love this. Thank you so so so much for the advice.

Archived