At the lowest point. Everything is hopeless.

I am litterally at a hopeless point in my life and it's all my fault. I allowed my personal life to interfere with my career and now it's caught up with me. I lost a job last October that I had for 14 years, due to my inability to get to work on time. I lived 2 hours from my job and either things with my car would go wrong or I just would wake up late feeling wiped out from not sleeping enough. At any rate, it caused me to lose a good job that I had for 14 years. I can't explain it. But, everything was just getting harder and harder for me. Like everything in my life right now seems like a major aggravating process that I cannot overcome. I don't know why. At any rate. I did find a job closer. A lot closer, and I was making it there on time everyday. I was starting to make some progress financially from being out of work for 4 months. Then, I got pulled over for speeding and found out that my license was suspended for out of state fines. They impounded my car and I could not get it back because at the time I was low on cash. I informed my job that I was trying to get my car back and I called them every morning that it didn't happen. It was going to cost me $900 to get it back and I just did not have it and I could not borrow it from anyone. I live in the country and I could not get a ride from anyone. I would have done anything, even hitchhike to get to work. To too it off, I was boiling over with anger and my ex wife came over to help me out with food. She was exacerbating my anger by basically telling me what a loser i am and how it's all my fault. I ended up breaking my stove with my fists and ended up at the psych unit for a week. Needless to say, I lost a second job in one year. I went and got my car back with my last paycheck so that I could go on interviews. I was feeling that I was close to getting a job, but I was still struggling financially. I started selling parts off of an old vehicle that I have in the driveway for some cash. On the way back from meeting someone, my car broke down and I didn't have enoughr to tow it back to the house, so it was impounded again. Being a month late on the payment, the finance company came and got it out of the pound and repossessed it. So, basically it has left me with one choice, to work from home. I have a mortgage that I'm trying to pay. I live in the middle of nowhere. I can't get unemployment or cash assistance. I have no transportation. I have ruined everything here from my major screw uos. I don't want to die, but that may not be up to me, because I will be homeless soon. I have basically given up and accepted my fate. I will be homeless with no way out and I dug myself into it. To top it off, I owe the IRS $67,000 from cashing in my 401k when I lost my job. And i can't even begin to pay that back. I am brilliant in my field and I have worked at my career for 25 years. Years ago I was at the top of my game and then everything just started getting so hard for me. Like everything. Is there any hope foe me at all, because right now, I don't think so.

Well, you've got to start pulling yourself together. Do you have any friends or family who can guide you? It seems as if you had a clearer mind you might have been able to avoid some of these events, such as taking out a personal load to get your car out of impound or simply renting a car on a credit card so you could go to work. And you must have taken out $100,000 from your 401k for the IRS to assess you $67,000 in taxes and penalties. You could have borrowed against your retirement rather than taking it all out.

You need someone to counsel you. (You're ex wife wasn't the one to confide in.) You can pull yourself out of this if you can seek out some help.

I can't get a personal loan. I had brought my credit up enough to buy the house last year before everything crumbled. But now my credit cards are maxed out and my credit score is about 300. I don't have family that lives near me. And I'm not sure I want to tell them how truely bad I screwed things up here. My mother has a bad heart and the rest of my family is pretty poor and could not help me in any way. I was the one doing good. I was making good money. I could go to counseling but I have no way to get there. I was taking meds for anxiety, but when I lost my car, I could not make my appointments anymore. I have one friend a few towns over, but he has been too busy to help me get places and such. I now know that it is mental illness holding me back, but now I truely can't get anywhere to see anybody. And there are no transportation services for people with no money. Next week I have to somehow go to DHHR which is 20 miles away, or they will cut off my food stamps. I will walk if I have to. I just have no one that really is able or willing to help me right now.

There's always hope, but it's needs your help!

-------

Homelessness comes with a whole NEW set of problems.

You must not allow that to happen to you!

Do a reset.

Sell everything of value for quick cash and move to a relatives house.

Find a new job, and don't repeat mistakes of the past.

P.S. For more responses, use paragraphs.

Sorry about that. Yes. I have been trying to sell everything. Unfortunately, selling things in my area is a very slow endever. I get a lot of people asking me if I will give them things rather than sell it to them. I have an old car that I have been somewhat successful selling parts from, but it's few and far between. I've sold all of my tvs and anything like that. It's just a very slow process, if not impossible.

It's just so hard for me to get motivated when every decision I [make] right now ends in disaster.

There's not a person alive who hasn't had those feelings.

It's nothing more than your mind becoming it's worst enemy.

Until you get your feet under you, stop watching all tv, cell/computers, games and social media.

This will give you tons of time, which in turn you can use to accomplish what you need to.

Do at least one thing a day. (Dressing and eating don't count.)

Thank you. I have been trying. Most of my time is spent on trying to find ways to make money. I posted on Craigslist for possibly getting people to bring me things to repair.

I not trying to pop your bubble..., but you need to get a job.

If live in a Podunk town that has few jobs, there will also be few dollars there. (And all the podunk'ers will have skills similar to yours. :icon_sad:)

There's a billion good paying jobs for a man who can use his hands.

Move and get one.

Archived