One of my poor cats

Seraphim

My senior cat, Shay ,needs to have all four canine teeth removed. He has stomatitis caused by an auto immune disease. Basically he is allergic to plaque that forms on teeth and his teeth themselves. It has a pretty hefty price tag of $2000. So in November is going to have all his four canines removed.

😢

Awww poor guy/girl :upset:

Stomatitis isn't any fun to go through so I hope removing his canines will help with the irritation

My cat, Benny had his top left canine out after getting hit by a car and he's doing great. It must be tough to see your cat go through this, I can relate. But the good thing is he/she has a great owner who is willing to go to great lengths to help him/her. Many animals don't have someone who loves them that much.

You'll probably have to feed your guy/girl canned food after having his canines out but I bet he/she won't have any problem with that! Canned cat food is like crack to kitties!

Best of luck to you and your kitty. I hope the surgery goes well :smug:

Awww poor guy/girl :upset:

Stomatitis isn't any fun to go through so I hope removing his canines will help with the irritation

My cat, Benny had his top left canine out after getting hit by a car and he's doing great. It must be tough to see your cat go through this, I can relate. But the good thing is he/she has a great owner who is willing to go to great lengths to help him/her. Many animals don't have someone who loves them that much.

You'll probably have to feed your guy/girl canned food after having his canines out but I bet he/she won't have any problem with that! Canned cat food is like crack to kitties!

Best of luck to you and your kitty. I hope the surgery goes well :smug:

Thanks❤️ I love my 3 kitties so much.

Poor boy. I got Xavi as wee baby 4-week old kitten, but we had Comanche before her. She had close to half her teeth extracted before we adopted her. No idea what kind of live she lived before the shelter, but the teeth along with some other mannerisms would suggest it was pretty rough. Still love her to death, though. If I had my way, we'd spoil both of them with wet foot every day and the teeth wouldn't be much of an issue. But the ol' lady responsibly insists we keep dry food on the menu. We just get it soggy by mixing it with some warm water for her. Helps keep her hydrated during the summer months anyhow.

Good luck to your little guy, and kudos on putting the money needed toward his health even if it is a hefty chunk.

Poor boy. I got Xavi as wee baby 4-week old kitten, but we had Comanche before her. She had close to half her teeth extracted before we adopted her. No idea what kind of live she lived before the shelter, but the teeth along with some other mannerisms would suggest it was pretty rough. Still love her to death, though. If I had my way, we'd spoil both of them with wet foot every day and the teeth wouldn't be much of an issue. But the ol' lady responsibly insists we keep dry food on the menu. We just get it soggy by mixing it with some warm water for her. Helps keep her hydrated during the summer months anyhow.

Good luck to your little guy, and kudos on putting the money needed toward his health even if it is a hefty chunk.

Thank you!

My kitties eat a dry cat food that’s made for dental care . It is pretty pricy but they seem to enjoy it and it keeps the teeth pretty clean. He will enjoy wet while his gums heal though!

You should call around for a better price. Pulling the canines should be easy. That sounds like human prices for pulling teeth.

I trust my vet though. She has been our vet for eight years . She may be pricey but she’s very good at what she does and she adores animals . And the price also includes the pre surgery blood work and the meds he’s going to need .

There is no reason it should be that expensive. $700 max including all of that. I would shop around too.

Account for the country difference too. Most things in Canada are going to be higher . There are also only 3 vets in town and not everyone is taking patients. I can’t even get a human doctor here.

I live in a town of only 19,000 people so not a burgeoning hub by any means .
I grew up in a town of 10,000 people, and was by far the largest town within hours in any direction.

We had at least a dozen vets in our area.

Very interesting that a town twice the size has such a deficit.

We also had a large amount of doctors. Nurses we were always short on though.

I understand the Canada vs US difference but I still didn't expect that large of a difference.

I grew up in a town of 10,000 people, and was by far the largest town within hours in any direction.

We had at least a dozen vets in our area.

Very interesting that a town twice the size has such a deficit.

We also had a large amount of doctors. Nurses we were always short on though.

I understand the Canada vs US difference but I still didn't expect that large of a difference.

Can’t get a dr taking patients to save your life here. No one wants to go to Podunk welfare towns.

My senior cat, Shay ,needs to have all four canine teeth removed. He has stomatitis caused by an auto immune disease. Basically he is allergic to plaque that forms on teeth and his teeth themselves. It has a pretty hefty price tag of $2000. So in November is going to have all his four canines removed.

😢

I had my little Maine Coon Xena euthanized last year. She had 13 years of food allergies, ear infections and tooth issues, ultimately ending up with cancer in her jaw. Just mentioning her still hurts my heart.

I often feel guilty that I didn't do more for her. But, yep . . .it gets expensive.

My friend adopted 2 teenager boys cats that young college student gave up for adoption because she had to move home. Enclosed with the boys was a letter and in it she shared that she had routinely brushed their teeth since day one.

They love it!

If I ever get another cat (and I will someday) this will be part of my routine.

I hope everything goes well for your kitty

And I echo jmans experience - My mom has a toothless Yorkie who's thriving and as happy as can be.

I had my little Maine Coon Xena euthanized last year. She had 13 years of food allergies, ear infections and tooth issues, ultimately ending up with cancer in her jaw. Just mentioning her still hurts my heart.

I often feel guilty that I didn't do more for her. But, yep . . .it gets expensive.

My friend adopted 2 teenager boys cats that young college student gave up for adoption because she had to move home. Enclosed with the boys was a letter and in it she shared that she had routinely brushed their teeth since day one.

They love it!

If I ever get another cat (and I will someday) this will be part of my routine.

I hope everything goes well for your kitty

And I echo jmans experience - My mom has a toothless Yorkie who's thriving and as happy as can be.

2 years ago we had to euthanize our Maine Coon as well due to cancer. I feel your pain. 😪

Archived