Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of my poor cats

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    There is no reason it should be that expensive. $700 max including all of that. I would shop around too.
    Account for the country difference too. Most things in Canada are going to be higher . There are also only 3 vets in town and not everyone is taking patients. I canít even get a human doctor here.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I live in a town of only 19,000 people so not a burgeoning hub by any means .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I live in a town of only 19,000 people so not a burgeoning hub by any means .
    I grew up in a town of 10,000 people, and was by far the largest town within hours in any direction.

We had at least a dozen vets in our area.

Very interesting that a town twice the size has such a deficit.

We also had a large amount of doctors. Nurses we were always short on though.

I understand the Canada vs US difference but I still didn't expect that large of a difference.

Originally Posted by thealchemist
    I grew up in a town of 10,000 people, and was by far the largest town within hours in any direction.

We had at least a dozen vets in our area.

Very interesting that a town twice the size has such a deficit.

We also had a large amount of doctors. Nurses we were always short on though.

I understand the Canada vs US difference but I still didn't expect that large of a difference.
    Canít get a dr taking patients to save your life here. No one wants to go to Podunk welfare towns.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My senior cat, Shay ,needs to have all four canine teeth removed. He has stomatitis caused by an auto immune disease. Basically he is allergic to plaque that forms on teeth and his teeth themselves. It has a pretty hefty price tag of $2000. So in November is going to have all his four canines removed.

😢
    I had my little Maine Coon Xena euthanized last year. She had 13 years of food allergies, ear infections and tooth issues, ultimately ending up with cancer in her jaw. Just mentioning her still hurts my heart.
    I often feel guilty that I didn't do more for her. But, yep . . .it gets expensive.

My friend adopted 2 teenager boys cats that young college student gave up for adoption because she had to move home. Enclosed with the boys was a letter and in it she shared that she had routinely brushed their teeth since day one.
    They love it!

If I ever get another cat (and I will someday) this will be part of my routine.
    I hope everything goes well for your kitty

And I echo jmans experience - My mom has a toothless Yorkie who's thriving and as happy as can be.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I had my little Maine Coon Xena euthanized last year. She had 13 years of food allergies, ear infections and tooth issues, ultimately ending up with cancer in her jaw. Just mentioning her still hurts my heart.
    I often feel guilty that I didn't do more for her. But, yep . . .it gets expensive.

My friend adopted 2 teenager boys cats that young college student gave up for adoption because she had to move home. Enclosed with the boys was a letter and in it she shared that she had routinely brushed their teeth since day one.
    They love it!

If I ever get another cat (and I will someday) this will be part of my routine.
    I hope everything goes well for your kitty

And I echo jmans experience - My mom has a toothless Yorkie who's thriving and as happy as can be.
    2 years ago we had to euthanize our Maine Coon as well due to cancer. I feel your pain. 😪

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice