I'm in love with a French girl.

AnonymousSco

For some context, I went to a party in Orillia, Canada. Me and this french girl quickly got along, and stayed up through the night until 9 am together. The night's eventsincluded watching Meet the Feebles, going to a nearby park at 3 and 6 am, and nuggets at 5 am. In those roughly 16 hours together, I fell in love with her. Everything about her drives me absolutely mental. The only problem is, she is an exchange student, and in a day, she is moving back to France. She has a boyfriend, and I won't be able to see her for at least a year until I graduate. I need advice on how to deal with this.

For some context, I went to a party in Orillia, Canada. Me and this french girl quickly got along, and stayed up through the night until 9 am together. The night's eventsincluded watching Meet the Feebles, going to a nearby park at 3 and 6 am, and nuggets at 5 am. In those roughly 16 hours together, I fell in love with her. Everything about her drives me absolutely mental. The only problem is, she is an exchange student, and in a day, she is moving back to France. She has a boyfriend, and I won't be able to see her for at least a year until I graduate. I need advice on how to deal with this.

You realise you are NOT in love and this is infatuation only and will come to nothing. It will pass until the next one comes along.

• 4 weeks later...

"She has a boyfriend"

Isn't that enough sign already she isn't for you? I don't wanna sound harsh but I believe this is only an infatuation. Also, how would you feel if your girlfriend had a guy who is infatuated or crushing on her? You will feel jealous right? Move on and find another girl who is single.

• 2 weeks later...

French women don't go on "dates" like Americans and Canadians and they get confused by this. There is no - "Hey, lets go out for dinner" and after the 3rd date you hook up or whatever...

With French women they prefer to go out with their close groups of friends. If you click, you do. If not, you don't. So in other words, they just let things happen naturally...

Also, if you kiss a French girl there is the assumption of exclusivity at this point, so the concept of dating around is a big no-no over there....

I'm really curious what French women think of Canadians? Do they think they are attractive? I thought most French women prefer French of Italian guys...

So since she has a boyfriend, I wouldn't suggest going for her, but if things don't work out between them (and a lot can happen in a year) you can still have a shot and just keep in touch, let things happen naturally, have a good time, etc....

Anyways, France is AMAZING....I was in Nice, France and absolutely loved it there and would move there in a second....

Archived