Advice for a complete novice

Rich162

So, let me start by saying i have no experience in relationships of any kind. I really cant pick up social cues very well, or read body language or anything like that. I wouldnt be able to tell if a girl is flirting with me if my life depended on it, neither i have ever done it myself. Yes, im that much of a looser.

Anyway, there is this girl that works at a coffee shop i see every day on my way to work. We dont talk much aside mere formalities, she takes my order, i pay, we move on. Today, out of nowhere, while i was waiting for my coffee she gets really chatty and and enthusiastic and starts talking about her favorite bands and how excited she is Coldplay is coming next year, and she actually writes down a list of songs by Muse she wants me to listen to, so i can come back and tell her what i thought about them (i hate Muse, they are a cheap copycat of Radiohead, but whatever). She actually talks a long time and kinda seems disappointed when i leave (a little weirded out to be honest).

So now im kind of freaking out. What was that? Was she flirting? Did that meant anything? Is that something girls just do randomly? I actually have liked this girl for a while, so i dont want to mess anything up, because, as i said, im a looser, but i also dont know what to do now, or how to interpret it.

Any advice is appreciated, because i have no idea of what im doing.

Just ask her out to dinner, a movie, a concert, a museum, a walk, or whatever. You won't screw anything up, and girls actually take being asked out as a compliment, so you don't have to avoid the shop if she shoots you down. And you never know. She could think about it and tell you a couple of days later she does want to go out on a date with you (it happened to me).

Where did the conversation take place?

Counter and the register?

Where you pick up coffee?

Were you sitting down and she just approached you out of no where?

Where did the conversation happen and you said she started the convo but how?

Yes, I'd say it's a good sign she's trying to show her interest in you. Using her list as a conversation starter, I'd write your phone number on a piece of paper and the next time you go in there, say to her, "I actually like Radiohead better than Muse, but I'd like to hear more about what you like about them. Here's my number. If you have time to get together this week, text me and I'll make a plan."

And I'd work on your self esteem. Women are attracted to confident men--not guys who are down on themselves. Use positive self-talk and read some articles on improving your self worth. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

starts talking about her favorite bands and how excited she is Coldplay is coming next year

^^ is this true? :p I've been waiting for their new stuff haha!

As a 25 year old girl, I'll admit...50/50 chance she is just being nice or likes you. Theres lots of guys id chat with last year at my work basically cos they said they liked the same films or video games as me...and , this is something weird which I think we do...if someone we LIKE has messaged us..we naturally have our confidence bouncing off to the opposite sex...i.e...theres a guy I like at the moment who keeps messaging me and when other guys talk to me and I'm all happy cos I've been messaged by him, and I feel confident..so a guy will be all nice i.e. at a cafe, train, etc and ill be all "oh , maybe I'm radiating good vibes!".

Theres stuff you can do to test her.. how does she act when she's with you?

Where did the conversation take place?

Counter and the register?

Where you pick up coffee?

Were you sitting down and she just approached you out of no where?

Where did the conversation happen and you said she started the convo but how?

It started as soon as i gave her my credit card to pay, and lasted all the way until i left. A Coldplay song was playing in the shop and, as i said, out of nowhere she asked me if i liked Coldplay in a squeaky voice, and there she went. She asked me if liked Muse, i said ive listen to them but not much (i didnt wanted to tell her i hate them), and she pulled out a piece of paper and wrote down her favorite songs.

Thats pretty much it. As i said i dont know what that was. I dont want to have false hopes neither, so im trying to figure it out too.

Archived