Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Boyfriend's Daughter

  1. #51
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,532
    Originally Posted by Everlong13
    Because itís not directly related to the OP or the update and smacks of some sort of snide attempt at schadenfraude. Like I said, if thereís nothing meaningful to contribute to the op except snide comments then why bother?
    I'm confused. How is it schadenfreude to point out a fact that you, the OP, wrote about in your initial post?

    Your concern was not having met his daughter, one of the reasons being that he's still legally married. Some posters pointed that out. You have now updated that he has filed for divorce.

    No one is trying to be "obnoxious" or make a "snide attempt at schadenfreude". You wrote for advice, and people gave it. If you don't agree with it, that's cool. Just say so. But don't slam the people who have tried to help you.

    Edit: I see that you've met his daughter. He's filed for divorce.

  2. #52
    Platinum Member j.man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,045
    See you in a month, OP.

  3. #53
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,503
    Originally Posted by Everlong13
    Because itís not directly related to the OP or the update and smacks of some sort of snide attempt at schadenfraude. Like I said, if thereís nothing meaningful to contribute to the op except snide comments then why bother?
    It was literally the second sentence in your original post. If you stated very clearly in the second sentence of your OP...how is it not directly related?

  4. #54
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    171
    Originally Posted by j.man
    See you in a month, OP.
    When itís our anniversary? Cool.

  5.  

  6. #55
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    171
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    I'm confused. How is it schadenfreude to point out a fact that you, the OP, wrote about in your initial post?

    Your concern was not having met his daughter, one of the reasons being that he's still legally married. Some posters pointed that out. You have now updated that he has filed for divorce.

    No one is trying to be "obnoxious" or make a "snide attempt at schadenfreude". You wrote for advice, and people gave it. If you don't agree with it, that's cool. Just say so. But don't slam the people who have tried to help you.

    Edit: I see that you've met his daughter. He's filed for divorce.
    Of COURSE replying to me updating that weíre moving along well and Iíve met his daughter with Ďis he married!Ď is obnoxious. Why even bother?
    I asked for advice on how to go about meeting his daughter. Luckily we got plenty of good advice from kind, sympathetic people in real life instead of the really unhelpful and unkind stuff most people posted here.

  7. #56
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    171
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It was literally the second sentence in your original post. If you stated very clearly in the second sentence of your OP...how is it not directly related?
    That was quite clearly for background info. And not what I asked for advice about. The divorce is being taken care of. The emotional well-being and emotions of his child were what I/were looking for advice on. As I said above, luckily some genuine advice was taken from people in our lives.

  8. #57
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,519
    Gender
    Female
    This thread has run its course...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •