Is she cheating or am I just overreacting?

Sakaretsu

I'd like to ask for an oppinion. My girlfriend is getting more and more suspicious. She has been texing with someone who's friend of her friend and when I noticed first time ai asked her who's she been texing to, she said firstly "are you jealous?" with smiley expresion, and after that said with a friend of her friend I know. That expression was really strange to me and I have also noticed that she hides her phone, checking it every few minutes, she once forgot what we have been talking and she was like "what was we talking about? Haha" and a moment before that she checked her phone. Last two nights were strange aswel. Every night we went to sleep she asked me if can I charge her phone in the morning, these two nights were differend. She refusing to cuddle with me, her excuse is "I don't want to"... I't true we have almost ended but didn't and now I'd like to come close to her but I don't know for sure if she lost her interests in our relationship? Or I just overreacting? Help me please

Sounds like she is playing games. She's texting a friend of a friend? So this person theoretically is not important to her, it's not a close friend, it's basically a stranger and she's texting him this often and hiding her phone?

She asked if you were jealous because she wants you to be jealous. You say you almost ended... what happened that it almost ended, was it caused by you or her? Either she's trying to get back at your for what happened or she's continuing the behavior that caused it to happen in the first place. Either way, it sounds like a miserable relationship to be in.

People generally use the world "overreacting" when they know something is off but want to convince themselves otherwise. Whether that "something off" is something going on with this little text buddy doesn't really matter. You're anxious, on eggshells, and expressing affection through immature games ("are you jealous :)) rather than a way that is authentic.

Bottom line here: this doesn't really sound like a very fun relationship to be in, for either of you.

It might be premature to jump to assuming she is cheating, but I have to back up what other posters have said. You're not happy in this relationship because it lacks the foundations necessary for a healthy partnership - love, trust, and respect. When you find yourself questioning every action of your partner, it is time to get out.

I think it's disrespectful that she's on her phone not paying attention to you when you are supposed to be having quality time. Call her out on it.

Does she usually withhold cuddling from you? That isn't healthy.

I'd venture to say that she's at least interested in who she is texting. If she hasn't physically cheated it's only a matter of time. Do something about it.

I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend is acting like this and not being open with you. Relationships thrive on honesty and communication, and if those two things are slipping away, something needs to be done. You likely need to be firm with her, confront her, and simply tell her the things she's doing that aren't healthy for your relationship. Tell her how much it hurts you and distances you when she's on her phone so much and when she's not paying attention to you. Depending on how she responds to this, you might gain a better idea about the future of your relationship and whether or not it's worth it to keep being hurt by her.

Has she always been like this? Is this out of character for her? If your relationship is indeed coming to a close, the positive thing is that you will have a much stronger idea of what you need in a girl in the future and how you would like to be treated. Hoping things go well.

No one know for certain if she's cheating, except her.

She does sound rude and/or uninterested though. Best to raise your standards of what behaviour you tolerate. Don't expect people to change their behaviour for you. You can call her on it. You might get some short term improvements. The underlying issues will still be there, and they will come back.

Find someone that is into you, and has basic manners and maturity.

Archived