Me and my more than just friends friend

otterspace

(long post inc) Hey there, so today I want to ask for advice about me and a friend of mine. First let me introduce me and her so you get a clear understanding of our ages, I am 15 and at 3rd year of high school, same as her. Here in my country we pick fields depending on the classes we want to take and on our freshman and second year we were in the same class and now we will be separated. We have known each other’s existence for a lot of years (8-9) but we have never talked until we both coincidently attainder the same school and class at our freshman year. At our freshman year we weren’t that close we were just friends we would sometimes talk but we were kinda close as just friends. At second year when my best friend from my class left I got very close with her. We started to sit on the same desk every class and just spend time with each other everyday. This year we just turned into more than just friends for each other, we don’t date but we are as close as two people who date, at school when we are sitting together in class and break times we hug each other, and I mean a lot, at the point of which can be called cuddling, we sometimes hold hands and even a couple of kisses on the cheeks have happened. We are so close that people who we meet think we are dating. She sometimes even drops hints for example at the end of this school year she has said “miss me a lot please” and “we will reunite after 3 months of holidays how romantic”. And this year I have developed very strong feelings for her because our interests and personalities match a lot and I feel happy around her. Next year since we will be in different classes we won’t be able to spend as much time as we used to before so I want to somehow let her know how I feel but I’m not sure if I should, first of all I’m kind of shy and second of all she has been physically flirting with me a lot but she is usually okay with physical contact with other people but I haven’t seen her hold hands ken kiss another guy before. So yeah this is my situation, school will start after about 2 months and I am running out of time since she might lose interest because of the distance. Sorry for the super long post but I’d appreciate your help a lot.

Well, can you text her? You should be keeping in contact with her through the summer. If she doesn't have a phone, you can send her letters. Can you go and visit her? Do you have a bicycle or is there a bus you can take to go see her? Can you take her out on a date or a picnic? Can you meet in the nearest town for lunch or go to a zoo or a park? You're old enough now to have a girlfriend and take responsibility for a relationship. You need to do something to show you're more than just a friend before you lose her to someone else.

She does have a phone and we live like 1 minute walk away from each other but this summer I’m away for 1.5-2 months and she was not home most of the time but we have been texting almost everyday but it’s not the same as being together in real life. I could take her out on a date when I am home but I don’t want to embarrass myself if she doesn’t have any interest in me which could still be a possibility. I don’t want to ruin my chance she is actually someone that I would settle a life with.

She does have a phone and we live like 1 minute walk away from each other but this summer I’m away for 1.5-2 months and she was not home most of the time but we have been texting almost everyday but it’s not the same as being together in real life. I could take her out on a date when I am home but I don’t want to embarrass myself if she doesn’t have any interest in me which could still be a possibility. I don’t want to ruin my chance she is actually someone that I would settle a life with.

Look, you will never get that far if you don't ask her out now. You're ruining your chance by not asking her out. Somebody will get there before you and it'll be all over. She's probably waiting for you to say something.

Archived