Long distance relationship with a very low-key girl

davidkiss

I've met a girl in a summer camp a few weeks ago, and it was love on first sight. I had to ask her out very quickly, since she was going back to the US (I'm Romanian), we didn't really have a chance to talk and get to know each other. Now it's even harder, we can barely find a time to talk that's good for both of us, and to make things even more difficult , she is a very reserved and kind of low-key person. I am honestly helpless and in desperate need of some advice.

I'd suggest dating locally. Watch the 90 day fiancé show to get a better idea of the nightmare things that often happen when you begin a relationship with someone from another country. You can have chemistry with thousands of people in this world. I know, because when I've traveled to other states or countries when I was a teen or a single adult, I usually did meet up with several people who, if we lived in the same area, would likely have tried to date because the sparks were tremendous.

One of you would eventually have to leave everyone you love, if it worked out, since one of you would have to pull up roots. If you moved to the U.S., she would have to sign an affidavit that she'd be financially responsible for you for ten years, even if a divorce happened in the case that the U.S. granted you a green card anyway. That's a lot to ask of a person, don't you think?

LDR are hard, even harder when you don't even know the person. I would find someone local as this could be a complete waste of time. I wasted 6 months pursuing a LDR w/someone I met online, I knew wasn't a scammer (we did meet up a couple times), but he had half interest in me. She doesn't sound super interested either because if she was, you both would find ways to talk to each other.

Archived