Hi everyone,

Mostly posting for some support. My (young) cat has been unwell for the last couple of days with lethargy, no appetite, vomiting, odd breathing noises. We took him to the vet yesterday and again this morning, and we are now at the animal hospital getting more tests done. The estimated cost is staggering and I’m feeling really stressed out and of course very worried about my kitty, whom I just adore.

My husband and I just moved 2000+ miles to a new area far from all family and friends less than two weeks ago - I actually had to take my husband to the ER the day our moving truck arrived and he was diagnosed with a neurological disorder - so it’s all very overwhelming. And I start graduate school on Monday.

If you can send some good vibes and hugs my way, I would appreciate it. Feeling quite weepy.

I hate coincidences and I hate doctors. In just the last two years I've been told I'm on fentanyl, that I might have MS, a cyst in my nose, tumors on my liver and kidneys, epilepsy, suffered a heart attack, drank too much beer, had gout, an endocrine disorder and a bunch of other things which proved to be wrong. All of which tagged my health insurance for tens of thousands of dollars and put me in the hospital three times for a total of 10 days. So be careful of doctors' guesses.

So I wonder if your cat and your husband came in contact with something, either in travelling to your new home or at your new home. If you come across anything suspicious, check it out.

Thank you so much everyone. They finally figured out the problem yesterday afternoon, started him on meds and he started eating so he comes home today. We’re hoping it’s not linked to a larger underlying issue (worst case scenario being cancer), have to wait and see how he does at home. I’m so glad we’re getting him back!

(My husband is recovering well from his medical misadventure - it’s a benign condition that’s expected to resolve over time and we’ve seen lots of improvement over the past few days).

So I’m feeling optimistic the only lasting damage wIll have been to our wallets 😬

Archived