Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat very sick

Cat very sick

Hi everyone,

Mostly posting for some support. My (young) cat has been unwell for the last couple of days with lethargy, no appetite, vomiting, odd breathing noises. We took him to the vet yesterday and again this morning, and we are now at the animal hospital getting more tests done. The estimated cost is staggering and Iím feeling really stressed out and of course very worried about my kitty, whom I just adore.

My husband and I just moved 2000+ miles to a new area far from all family and friends less than two weeks ago - I actually had to take my husband to the ER the day our moving truck arrived and he was diagnosed with a neurological disorder - so itís all very overwhelming. And I start graduate school on Monday.

If you can send some good vibes and hugs my way, I would appreciate it. Feeling quite weepy.

Platinum Member
    I wonder if your kitty ate something that is making him sick. If that's it, he could be feeling better pretty quick.

I hope it's something simple.

I really hope itís something simple too! The vet seems to think itís either a foreign body that is blocking his digestive track or pancreatitis. Iíve never seen my cat like this, itís very hard to watch.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Hugs. ❤️ All very overwhelming things to go through. Very stressful. Hopefully kitty and your husband can be treated successfully.

Platinum Member
    I'm so sorry your cat is ill. I hope they find out very soon what is going on!! My cat had pancreatic cancer I believe but he was very old in cat years. I hope your husband is iok. Please keep us posted. Sending support.

Platinum Member
    Awe I'm so sorry! I'm keeping you and your cat and husband in my thoughts!

Platinum Member
    I hate coincidences and I hate doctors. In just the last two years I've been told I'm on fentanyl, that I might have MS, a cyst in my nose, tumors on my liver and kidneys, epilepsy, suffered a heart attack, drank too much beer, had gout, an endocrine disorder and a bunch of other things which proved to be wrong. All of which tagged my health insurance for tens of thousands of dollars and put me in the hospital three times for a total of 10 days. So be careful of doctors' guesses.

So I wonder if your cat and your husband came in contact with something, either in travelling to your new home or at your new home. If you come across anything suspicious, check it out.

Sending good thoughts and hugs your way, Soph. Hang in there...

Thank you so much everyone. They finally figured out the problem yesterday afternoon, started him on meds and he started eating so he comes home today. Weíre hoping itís not linked to a larger underlying issue (worst case scenario being cancer), have to wait and see how he does at home. Iím so glad weíre getting him back!

(My husband is recovering well from his medical misadventure - itís a benign condition thatís expected to resolve over time and weíve seen lots of improvement over the past few days).

So Iím feeling optimistic the only lasting damage wIll have been to our wallets 😬

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    That sounds hopeful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice