Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: New Baby and Boundaries with Parents

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I was grateful for my mothers help as well. Then again she only lived on the other side of the neighbourhood school yard so it was easy for her to nip in and watch the babe while I had a well needed nap and then leave once I woke up.

In Snny's situation, it seems both her and his parents need to sleep over if they visit which makes it not quite as convenient as my situation. Looking back though, I'm pretty sure I'd be glad to have mom stay if she lived out of town and spell me for a bit to recoup.
    I lived in the same house as my mom so it was great for me too.

Congrats!!!! My guy turned two on the 13th, so your little man is exactly two years, three days younger. August babies are awesome!!! How are you feeling?

Platinum Member
    Congrats, Snny!!! Glad you and the baby have a little time to bond

How is everything with you?!

Did things go relatively smoothly?

My baby is fine. My in-laws were helpful at some points such as giving me pointers with the baby settling in. Other times I just wanted to rest and have people stay out of my way. Unfortunately I have been rocky. I am trying to work things through with postpartum depression. Unfortunately I didn't qualify for maternity leave with my job because HG burned out my leave before delivery. I was forced to return back to work after being out for three and a half weeks or I lose my job. I will be taking a long hiatus from the internet for awhile.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Look after yourself! We are here if you need help.

You know what's really messed up? I work in a field with children. I'm expected to drop everything and care for other people's kids, but when it comes to my own, who gives unless it's to sacrifice my career.

I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile. Feels good man.

Originally Posted by Snny
    You know what's really messed up? I work in a field with children. I'm expected to drop everything and care for other people's kids, but when it comes to my own, who gives unless it's to sacrifice my career.

I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile. Feels good man.
    I understand. I gave up most of my earning potential for my son. It is very hard. If only you guys had more benefits in that regard.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Snny
    My baby is fine. My in-laws were helpful at some points such as giving me pointers with the baby settling in. Other times I just wanted to rest and have people stay out of my way. Unfortunately I have been rocky. I am trying to work things through with postpartum depression. Unfortunately I didn't qualify for maternity leave with my job because HG burned out my leave before delivery. I was forced to return back to work after being out for three and a half weeks or I lose my job. I will be taking a long hiatus from the internet for awhile.
    All the best with you and yes (as a former teacher) I am sure it feels frustrating -the income disparity and all the rest. Hope you are getting the support you need and that you feel better.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Give Advice
Ask For Advice