Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Personally, I would elope.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Personally, I would elope.

Personally, both of us don't want to do that and will use that as the last resort if my parents can't come around. We will threaten to go to my fiance's side and have the wedding where he is. But we will try for a bit, with our personal therapist involved trying to help persuade them to keep going with the wedding for now. I just have to keep my head and try to not get them to keep trying to push their ideals and beliefs on me which they already have been doing :/

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Threats usually don’t work.

Again, it's our last resort. We will see if we can get them to turn around.

Is it your goal to be married to the person you love or have your parents accept? 3 weeks is not a lot of time.

Well that's the hard part because I want both. I don't like my parents controlling my life and always holding things over me, but I also don't want to hurt my relationship with them.

Originally Posted by SnugglePuggle
    Well that's the hard part because I want both. I don't like my parents controlling my life and always holding things over me, but I also don't want to hurt my relationship with them.
    I get that . Sometimes we don’t get that though. YOU are the one who has to live your life. So you are the one who has to decide how best to live it . No one is happy forced into anything , neither you nor them .

I know I'm not happy being forced like this. But you have to be here to understand how my parents act, and it scares the crap out of me about what they will do if I decide to move forward this.

Originally Posted by SnugglePuggle
    I know I'm not happy being forced like this. But you have to be here to understand how my parents act, and it scares the crap out of me about what they will do if I decide to move forward this.
    How so? What exactly would they do?

Platinum Member
    How are you going to move the wedding to where you fiance's family is in three weeks? I am thinking about the practicality of that; will you not lose money on the venue, catering, transportation for all those in the wedding party/your guests?

In any event, this secret was bound to come out one way or another. It's unfortunate that it happened just before the wedding, but did you expect it would be hidden forever?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice