Felt total disapointment

mg22

Ive been dating a guy for about 1 1/2 month, everything seemed so wonderful, we have not been intimate yet, but talked about being exclusive. Yesterday 4th of july we planned to go watch fireworks, on our way to the park in the metro some girls who speak arabic are next to us, hes arabic and starts a conversation with them , then briefly introduces them to me. we exit the metro and walk to the park ( not with the girls) , i was with another friend ( girl) and she wanted to buy some food so i stood with her in the very long line. He was talking pictures and all of a sudden we got lost. The place was very crowded, after about 20 minutes we locate him and hes talking to the girls from the METRO ! he sees me and calls to me but i just kept walking , my friend and i left the park , he was calling me on the phone which i didn't pick up any calls, he then texted me and i replied for him to stay with his new friends. i was very upset at the whole thing, i plan on not seeing him again, he believe he should have been next to us while we were ordering food. please tell me your thoughts on this.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it was of very bad taste to disappear while he knew we where ordering food , and then go MIA , to find him talking to the girls he met on the METRO with me ! iam sorry to me this is very disrespectful,!

To me what you both did was rude. You were already on a date then opted to stand with your girlfriend in a huge lineup . He was obviously bored and left and was talking with people from his own culture. If I was him I would’ve been irritated with you and you have a right to be irritated with him . However don’t fall into the mistake thinking that you weren’t being rude too.

I really think you overreacted.

If I was dating a guy for a month and a half and he took off because he saw me talking to a couple of guys that we had all just met, I'd end the relationship immediately. I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with someone so insecure.

Ok, I was under the impression that you just met her there at the park . But if you all went together and had the intention of the three of you sticking together then yes what he did was rude. He could’ve said where he was going . It is not that he is not allowed to talk to people but he didn’t let you know where he was going .

True, i may have overreacted but i guess iam not used to men who while your dating start talking to women they dont know on a METRO, then gets lost and you see them all together having a dandy good time, while not attempting to find you !

True, i may have overreacted but i guess iam not used to men who while your dating start talking to women they dont know on a METRO, then gets lost and you see them all together having a dandy good time, while not attempting to find you !

Maybe as far as he was concerned you were with your friend and it was all good .

He could have started looking for me , but when i found him he was laughing and enjoying his time with the strangers he met, thats not nice ! i felt hurt, then he still calls me asking about me where i was , after i saw him , why didnt he ask me when he couldnt find me??

My boyfriend makes friends everywhere we go. That's just his personality! But I know he loves me and if he ever happens to cheat on me, then it's his loss. I won't live my life worried about every friend he has or makes while I'm with him.

If I suspected that he was acting inappropriately or cheating then I'd end the relationship and be done with that anxiety.

I'm not sure if you plan on seeing him again, but I would suggest that you get to know his personality better. Is he just a super friendly guy? Has he been faithful in past relationships?

I'm not sure on this one. I see both sides.

My boyfriend knows no strangers and talks to everyone. If I walked away every time he started a conversation with someone we probably wouldn't have gotten past the first date, let alone be together still now going on one year. I am pretty secure but even with that, it took a little getting used to.

So, I guess it depends on his personality and his intentions.

But now that you've walked away and not responded to his calls, I don't know how you'll undo this.

I'm not sure on this one. I see both sides.

My boyfriend knows no strangers and talks to everyone. If I walked away every time he started a conversation with someone we probably wouldn't have gotten past the first date, let alone be together still now going on one year.

I guess it depends on his personality and his intentions.

But now that you've walked away and not responded to his calls, I don't know how you'll undo this.

I would like an apology from him, we went together and he should at least attempt to text me IAM SORRY , that hasent happened at all !

But he might not feel he did anything wrong. He might think you owe him an apology.

He was trying to call you afterall, right??

Now what do you do?

Wrong? he knows that picking a conversation with 3 girls who look very ty is not wrong? all the time we lost eacth other i think he should have called me then , not after he saw that i found him talking to those girls !

The way you've described it, I think you overreacted. Sounds like high school drama.

If I heard my native language in a foreign (to me) country, I would've also probably engaged in a conversation. No matter guys or gals. I find that part innocent.

I think there may have been miscommunication for the waiting line. If you wanted him to stick by you, did you tell him anything? Or, if originally the whole thing was intended as a date, why not tell your friend that you'll wait for her at a fixed place while she grabs some food and then go spend some more time with him? Maybe he got lost while taking pictures and he just found the girls by accident and talked a bit more to them and then you found him. Maybe you could've called him to tell you got lost and to meet somewhere.

Problem is, you didn't even wanted to find out what exactly has happened. The green monster had already grabbed you by your heart (in the METRO!) and you chalked out the whole situation. We all get that you're pissed off at the moment. But, when you calm down, think a bit more about why are you so jealousy prone and why you shut down people before hearing what they have to say.

Is it a game of who's right or is it a space where you get to know each other and enrich your own personality in the process?

Wrong? he knows that picking a conversation with 3 girls who look very ty is not wrong? all the time we lost eacth other i think he should have called me then , not after he saw that i found him talking to those girls !

during this time you two were separated, were you waiting in the food line?

Archived