Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He asked me to come over, does he only want sex?

He asked me to come over, does he only want sex?

I met this guy at a party after his friend told me he likes me. It was pretty obvious cause he was staring at me constantly without looking away.
    We started chatting then he took me outside of the house and we just cuddled and talked until early in the morning.
    He said he would text me, which he did and after a few days of talking he asked me to come over in his dorm room. I immediately thought that was a red flag, however our mutual friends think otherwise.
    They all say he's a nice guy. I need to mention he didn't even try to touch me inappropriately when I was drunk, he didn't even try to kiss me. He seemed very shy and kind of scared to make any moves, so maybe there is a possibility that he just wants to cuddle again and watch movies like he says?
    Or am I being completely gullible? If I decide to go and he tries to do more than just kissing, what do I do without being awkward?

Thanks.

Platinum Member
    So you haven't even been out on a date and he wants you to come to his dorm room? He may be nice and shy and all, but he still wants sex, or at least a good feel up.

How about you ask him to take you on a date, even if it's just meeting for coffee or lunch. A dinner and a movie might be nice. But meet somewhere in public and get to know him before you let him get in your pants. And if you do find yourself in a "situation" you can jump up and say you've got to meet a friend and leave. Don't let him beg you to come back. Just leave.

Why didn't he ask you on a real date rather than to his dorm room for 'netflix and chill'? Up to you if you want to start hooking up with him or not.
    Originally Posted by Merissa
    he asked me to come over in his dorm room. maybe there is a possibility that he just wants to cuddle again and watch movies like he says?

Originally Posted by Merissa
    I met this guy at a party after his friend told me he likes me. It was pretty obvious cause he was staring at me constantly without looking away.
    We started chatting then he took me outside of the house and we just cuddled and talked until early in the morning.
    He said he would text me, which he did and after a few days of talking he asked me to come over in his dorm room. I immediately thought that was a red flag, however our mutual friends think otherwise.
    They all say he's a nice guy. I need to mention he didn't even try to touch me inappropriately when I was drunk, he didn't even try to kiss me. He seemed very shy and kind of scared to make any moves, so maybe there is a possibility that he just wants to cuddle again and watch movies like he says?
    Or am I being completely gullible? If I decide to go and he tries to do more than just kissing, what do I do without being awkward?

Thanks.
    Yes he wants sex otherwise he would take you somewhere in public. This doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy... nice guys want sex too.

If you are not interested in sex, and want to see if he is interested in more than just sex from you, don't go and hang out at his dorm room with him... get him to take you on an actual date.

Platinum Member
    Tell him you want to see him again, but not at his place. His answer will answer your question.

If you are uncomfortable or have second thoughts about this guy's intentions, don't be scare to ask for an alternative setting that is comfortable for you.

Platinum Member
    Booty call. If he liked you, he would take you on a proper date. You know that this is off.

Oh, I'm sure he "likes" you but for what remains to be seen.

I agree with everyone who says to tell him you'd like to spend time with him getting to know him better and would he like to meet up at (insert public place here).

Don't meet anyone where they sleep. It is a poor place to start to get to know someone.

If you're interested, express that you would like to meet somewhere else. Lunch works well, or pick a fun summer activity. Sounds like a booty call, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be against more. His attitude about a date will tell you what you need to know. Some ideas are mini-golfing, drinks at a pool hall, a day at the local pool, etc. If you casually invite him along, he will likely accept. Good luck!

Certainly seems like he wants sex. Whether that's all he wants, none of us could tell you. If you want sex and are okay with the possibility that's all that may ever come of it, head on over. If not, suggest coffee. At the end of the day, you'll never be a mind reader, so focus on your own boundaries and the best environments to assert them within rather than asking no one who's met the guy what the guy is thrinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice