How to get over straight coworker?

As the question says I feel like I’ve fallen for my straight coworker. We’ve become friends over the last years or so. His fiancé broke up with him a few months back and we spent weeks texting and talking on the phone. He has other friends, but I felt like I was his only one during this time. He told me a lot of things about their relationship as well as things he said he’s never told anyone before. Now him and his fiancé are working on possibly getting back together and he’s started telling me about his relationship again.

My crush on his is so deep that I’ve gotten to that point where you like someone and you think everyone is attracted to him. You think everyone wants to date him. Anyone who talks to him is into him. I showed a picture of him to a friend of mine and she couldn’t believe I was attracted to him because he is not my normal “type.” I told her that I don’t get it either. I know I’m attracted to the person he is inside and that’s why I find him gorgeous when most people might not.

I have to talk to him everyday. I have been at the company longer and he comes to ask me questions all the time. Sometimes he comes just to talk about things. Sometimes he comes to check on how I’m doing if he thinks I’m in a bad mood. My “bad moods” are because I’m trying not to talk to him and he tells me that he knows me and can tell when I’m not myself.

He such a great guy, but I need to get over him. I know we will never be together. I make very good money at the company, so I can’t leave. He’s told me he’s not looking for a new job, but if I left he’d come too because we’re a packaged deal. I cannot stop thinking about him all the time to the point that I’ve started sleeping terrible. How do I get passed this?

Thanks

He such a great guy, but I need to get over him. I know we will never be together. I make very good money at the company, so I can’t leave. He’s told me he’s not looking for a new job, but if I left he’d come too because we’re a packaged deal. I cannot stop thinking about him all the time to the point that I’ve started sleeping terrible. How do I get passed this? Thanks

I am in this situation with someone I know... my crush isn't as deep as yours but it's still there, made more difficult by the fact that we have so many mutual friends... when I know I will be around him, I tighten up my barriers and keep our conversation surface and limited to short periods of time. Also, I go out with other people to distract myself and continue putting distance between us. It's not easy, and while we don't get to decide who we have chemistry with we do get to decide how we want to behave if it's inappropriate or not reciprocated.

Does this guy know you like him? If he does, it sounds like he is playing with your emotions and that is pretty unfair.

Archived