What do you think this means?

Palicya

I've been dating this guy online for about a year, we have plans to meet but haven't met yet. A friend of mine online (we met on an online virtual community) had told me he had been cheating and I kind of went off the deep end and said some really hurtful things. He denied it and seemed really hurt and upset at the things I'd said and got really angry when I told one of my friends about it. I know I should have asked him and talked about it instead of attacking him and going off the deep end and I feel terrible about it now. He's a really nice guy and he told me he needed "time to think," and since then he sent me a text asking "u ok" and is acting really distant. I sent him a long heartfelt apology last night (idk if he's responded, my charger is broken atm and my phone is dead now.) I just don't know what he meant by "I need time to think," does it mean he wants to end things or take a break? I'm just confused and I don't want to bother him anymore by asking him if all he wants is a little bit of space

Why oh why are you wasting your time on a "cyber relationship" You're putting yourself through all this angst over someone you've had some fantasy interaction with and have never actually met. Surely you are put together enough to form a real relationship with someone in real life that you would be able to tell if their apparent value for you was actually real or not.

As for your question. It means "he wants time to think" if he wants to stay in the fantasy with you or stop the nonsense. Time will tell which one it is.

Don't contact him anymore and hopefully you'll get over the fantasy of him.

How does one "cheat" when you haven't even met yet? Do you mean he typed words on a computer screen to another female? Is that what you consider "cheating"? Or did he meet a woman in real life and have some kind of encounter with her?

I will never get this! OP, you have wasted a year on a complete fantasy.

Get out and meet people in real life.

Where does this guy live? How far would you have to travel?

What was the reason not to have met after a whole year? Are you too far away from each other? Either way sorry to say but I agree with the others, I think unless you start dating in person it's a waste of time. And if you never physically met then can you really call it an exclusive relationship? I'm sorry if I'm undermining it but I think a purely online relationship is really the same as just going on dates with different people from online dating sites. I think technically you can both still date around and see other people. I mean how can you expect him to fully commit to you when he's spent no time with you in person at all?

'... does it mean he wants to end things or take a break?'

End what? Take a break from what? Typing on screen? You're talking as though you are actually in a relationship with this person. You are not. Typing words on screen is just that - chatting on the net/phone - with a stranger. He is not your friend, boyfriend or anything else. Totally agree with others - drop this nonsense. You sound very young; you have the world at your feet - go take advantage of it in REAL life.

Archived