Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He's left me... so confused

I saw him today to get my things and return his. He kissed me.. He's clearly so depressed and down. But I have taken all the advise and told him I will be there as his friend to help and support him because I care. If we are meant to be in time then we will be. And I'm taking time for me now.. But I will support him if I can. But i will put me 1st...

Yes, you need to!

Keep telling yourself that he is a grown man and he needs to make the choices to fix himself. No one can do that for him.

It doesn't feel great to be at someone's mercy, so please, (if you can) don't sit around waiting and hoping that he will show up and express dying love and want you back and so on.
    I know it can be difficult to not imagine that and want that.
    But for now, let it go best you can and move forward.
    You truly do need to put yourself first.

Thank you sherrysher

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sarahhampson
    I saw him today to get my things and return his. He kissed me.. He's clearly so depressed and down. But I have taken all the advise and told him I will be there as his friend to help and support him because I care. If we are meant to be in time then we will be. And I'm taking time for me now.. But I will support him if I can. But i will put me 1st...
    You cannot be his friend if there are feelings.

You are not qualified to be his therapist. For your sake, and his, extricate yourself from this unhealthy situation. I suggest you also address your issue of co dependency.

Move on from this guy. He is a moment of your life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice