Botox -- Help!

Hi guys, I realize my situation is ridiculously trivial, but I feel a bit desperate as my boyfriend and I are taking our first vacation next week.

I am a member of a "med spa" and being a paid member, I am entitled to one free "procedure" every year for my birthday.

Usually I will opt for a free facial, but I give myself my own facials now, so opted for six units of Botox in my forehead (have noticed a few lines so thought what the hell, it's free anyway).

Six units is such a small amount, the nurse/aesthetician wasn't even sure it would do anything!

Well it did, and now my forehead is completely frozen! I cannot move at all, I cannot raise my eyebrows, nothing! It is completely frozen.

It just feels really uncomfortable, I hate it!

Does anyone have any advice as to how to lessen this frozen feeling? The aesthetician said it will naturally ease up and wear off in about 3-4 months, but what to do in meantime?

I don't think anyone can notice as I have long side bangs but *I* am uncomfortable, when I talk my face is very expressive and being I cannot lift my brows at all, or move any muscle whatsoever in my forehead, ugh it's just super uncomfortable.

Again, I realize I sound a bit vain for doing this (I own that :D) and this is ridiculously trivial compared to what others struggle with, but any advice would be appreciated!

Never again!!

Thanks in advance guys!

Isn't that the point and typical effect of botox? I have noticed that frozen look on Hollywood people and it just looks weird. Hats, hairdos, etc. should camouflage it until it wears off.

Well it did, and now my forehead is completely frozen! I cannot move at all, I cannot raise my eyebrows, nothing! It is completely frozen.

Isn't that the point and typical effect of botox? I have noticed that frozen look on Hollywood people and it just looks weird. Hats, hairdos, etc. should camouflage it until it wears off.

Don't know, don't care, I don't live in Hollywood, and have no desire to.

And six units is nothing, my aesthetician said the standard amount in forehead is around 20 units.

My post was asking if anyone had any advice as to how to get rid of it, naturally. It is super uncomfortable.

Appreciate your reading and responding though. :D

When did you have this done?

My best friend gets Botox in her forehead area as well, and has said she often feels significant tightness for several days after the procedure. I don't know how many units she has injected at once, though.

Also, do you know how experienced this particular technician is with Botox?

When did you have this done?

My best friend gets Botox in her forehead area as well, and has said she often feels significant tightness for several days after the procedure. I don't know how many units she has injected at once, though.

Also, do you know how experienced this particular technician is with Botox?

Hi MissCanuck!

I had it done three days ago and she (aesthetician) is a registered nurse, worked for years for a very reputable dermatologist.

She is actually quite skilled as there is no bruising -- my friend gets Botox and she is always a little bruised afterwards.

My friend said it takes around two weeks for it to take full effect, so either it will get worse or ease up.

Maybe I will just have to get used to it, never had it done before and trust me it is a very weird feeling!

My point exactly. What did you think botox does?

It was six units, again six units is such a small amount, what I expected is that it would smooth out the lines a bit, NOT cause my entire forehead to become competely frozen.

Even the nurse is surprised that happened with such a small amount.

Shocked actually.

Well does it look good? If it does, then that's the main point. And you can always explain to people that your forehead is frozen when they crack a joke and you can't show emotion. There isn't really anything else you can do. What about rubbing frozen ice-cubes on your forehead?

I think you will just have to wait it out, unfortunately. I am not sure there are any natural ways to diminish the paralysis to the muscle.

Did the nurse have any suggestions?

No, she said same thing as you.

I guess I just hoped that someone knew of some unconventional way - I've been trying different things like steam, haven't noticed anything different though.

Oh well, the good news is the lines are gone but it's seriously not worth this discomfort.

Never again.

Well does it look good? If it does, then that's the main point. And you can always explain to people that your forehead is frozen when they crack a joke and you can't show emotion. There isn't really anything else you can do. What about rubbing frozen ice-cubes on your forehead?

Lol, thanks JJ!

I will try the ice cube thing, I thought of that too.

I don't think anyone will notice, I have long bangs.

And yes the lines are gone! :D

But seriously not worth the discomfort. :icon_sad:

Ooh girl! I've never done it, but you paralyze the muscle, as you know. Unfortunately you risk nerve damage too. I hope that's not what happened. Give it time. Wear your bangs! People have Botox parties at home here. It's the "in" thing to do . Don't google, you'll make yourself worried.

If only they had an injection to make bigger boobs without surgery! Lol I'd do that :tongue:

I think there *are* things you can do (naturally) to increase bust size but that's another thread! lol

I'll just wait it out, and pray I don't have any nerve damage!

Botox parties? I'm sure we have them here too (I mean southern Cali, come on), but I don't have much interest.

I would not have even done this had it not been free, next time think I will opt for a nice relaxing facial or massage or something.

Hope things are well with you!! :D

My treatment was free (see original post).

Yes, free with membership. It's built in to the cost. I'm not quibbling I just agree that's it's a way to sell you more treatments -they get you to pay the membership fee and get you to try a procedure that way. That way they can save on advertising/marketing because if you like it, and you're a member you'll be more motivated to get another one at their place.

I actually could have gotten 20 units for free.

As a paid member with all the points I have accumulated, the free birthday procedure was worth $225.00.

Six units = $66.00 - I still have $159 left.

Think I may take SG's suggestion and get a seaweed wrap, and a massage! lol

In all seriousness, they never try to sell me anything, that's why I like them so much.

They don't even push their products on me like other salons/spas do.

I actually could have gotten 20 units for free.

As a paid member with all the points I have accumulated, the free birthday procedure was worth $225.00.

Six units = $66.00 - I still have $159 left.

Think I may take SG's suggestion and get a seaweed wrap, and a massage! lol

In all seriousness, they never try to sell me anything, that's why I like them so much.

They don't even push their products on me like other salons/spas do.

I'm glad they're a reputable place and it sounds like their membership program works well for you.

Yes, free with membership. It's built in to the cost. I'm not quibbling I just agree that's it's a way to sell you more treatments -they get you to pay the membership fee and get you to try a procedure that way. That way they can save on advertising/marketing because if you like it, and you're a member you'll be more motivated to get another one at their place.

I agree with that, it's actually a great marketing strategy!

Without spending money on outside marketing!

My post was asking if anyone had any advice as to how to get rid of it, naturally. It is super uncomfortable.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but isn't this something which you should go back and ask the people who did the procedure? You'd think they would have all the experience and the answers to these "side effects" ?

My treatment was free (see original post).

Well, the point of the "free" treatment was to see if you're interested in having it done more.

By the way, Botox is a neuro-toxin that paralyzes the muscles where it's injected. So other than getting a special antidote shot from the CDC for botulism, there's nothing you can do.

Archived