I was dating someone long distance for two years. We tried visits, daily talks for hours, had plans for the future, we had talks of Marriage and we said I love u. He and I didn’t have an official commitment because of some of his excuses about needing time and the distance. Anyways, neither one of us were happy towards the end and he gave me a bunch of reasons he didn’t want to get married and commit after all that time. He wasn’t that kind about it either. So I went NC. We have never been in this type of NC space before so I knew it would be very different. After the 5th day he sends me a morning message that is typical of the relationship period we had. Just like hey good morning!! I didn’t answer. Then after about 5 hours he sends a picture that he knows would get my attention of family moments (I wasn’t in them just of his family whom I love)... I still didn’t answers. That same night he texts “have a good life”. I’m just thinking what’s his problem ... he is the one that didn’t want to take things to the next level after our whole two years was based on getting ourselves in better spaces and to move. We have so many plans and he backed out. What did his last message mean you think? I ended up just replying with “smh”. That was it. He did reply By saying to use his other line to contact him but that was it.

Well, you've just summed up almost every online romance we hear about on ENA. Almost always one of the participants is wasting the time of the other. The Internet attracts people who are loners, who can't keep relationships, who have trouble committing, who have mental illnesses or who are just acting out a fantasy in their minds. And this guy doesn't want to marry you. He wants to keep leading you one. He wants your attention. He figures he could just start it back up again as if nothing happened. And if you had sex with him, well, he got what he wanted.

You need to find someone who lives where you are. Someone you can see and talk to in person. Someone you can touch and hold hands with. Someone you can get their vibe from in person. You miss a lot of that with an Internet relationship. And when you do visit, they can play lovey-dovey for a few days, but you don't really get to know the real person.

Stay No Contact. Block this guy. He's not worth your time. Move on with your life. Find a nice boy where you live and ask him out.

I am wondering why he is sending Nicey messages in the morning than once ignored , by night time, sending me “have a good life” text. Especially when he is king of ignoring. He does it a lot. I never do. Now he gets a taste of what it’s like and sends me that text ?

I am wondering why he is sending Nicey messages in the morning than once ignored , by night time, sending me “have a good life” text. Especially when he is king of ignoring. He does it a lot. I never do. Now he gets a taste of what it’s like and sends me that text ?

Again, if this is the guy who described himself as a "psychopath", I am not sure why you're trying to make sense of his behaviour. You won't be able to. Just chalk it up to him being as emotionally unstable as he claims to be, and carry on.

You're not going to miss much when he finally exits your life, girl. He's not a catch.

Archived