Super depressed

borislav98

I wake up feeling the same way. I've found that it's best to stop focusing on it and turn my attention to something else. Maybe doughnuts. They always make me feel better.

Try bananas and blueberries....Will make you feel better in the long run....

Sugar releases feel good chemicals but they also leave you wanting more and more....

:)

Yes, it does suck. I think any people on this forum could relate to the experience. Are you receiving any treatment or professional help? How are your social supports?

Not much in social life. I am receiving medical treatment. Prozac and valium. Just no energy to go forward. There has to be a point to just admit defeat.

Hi borislav98.

I read your previous posts about your son and wife. How is your relationship with them now? Also, do you have any hobbies - preferably some that include interacting with other people? If you don't have any, there is no better moment than the present to learn something fun and meet new people! :)

Wow. I had forgotten all about that one. I am still with son and wife. Son is working and is great around the house. No great love affair between wife and I. I have been diagnosed as Autistic Avoidant. This makes it very difficult for me to make and maintain friendships. Parents have both passed away, my Father just over a year ago. Still have not gotten over that. Thanks.

Doctor increased my Prozac to 60 mg per day. Also added Abilify (Aripiprazole) 2 mg, which she has been pushing for awhile but I am afraid of the side effects. Especially the Tardive Dyskenesia. Anyone know about that? Makes me more depressed to think I have gotten to the level of actually trying the Abilify.

Son is working and is great around the house.

It's great to read that. :) Do you guys do stuff together?

I'll be honest I am not familiar with Autism. But I have met volunteers that have been diagnosed as special needs and volunteering has helped them greatly.

1. Volunteering is a great way to meet others.

2. You feel good for doing something selfless.

3. It's fun.

Perhaps you want to try that?

Archived