Began to scream unknowingly

I haven't been able to sleep well. I have constant heahaches. I have fast heartbeat. I'm frustrated with my life stages. 1 year married but it's no honeymoon like most newly wed. We have hard time adjusting to each other. I want to solve our differences. My wife is conflict avoidant. We have not been addressing any of our issues. I'm frustrated. I'm sure she is too. I'm having nightmares and wake up screaming. In fact I was sitting at the table in public and as my mind wonders off. I started letting out a frustrated outcry unknowingly. I guessed it's muscle memory. I'm anxious all the time. I can't concentrate. I lost interest in everything. I can't stop my mind from replying all the what if.

I stopped going home. Because it felt like a very cold and lonely place. I want to be where people are. I want a more stable life. I don't want to deal with any more drama.

I know it's hard to let go of the what if. You're putting yourself under a lot of stress ruminating on what if and what has not happened. Do you feel like there is a ton of pressure on you by all these thoughts?

Just Breathe. Sometimes you have to let go of the what if and just have faith everything will work out for the best.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've been there before. I've done exactly what you're going through. The only thing that helped me was taking it one day at a time and setting small goals for myself to get back to a better place mentally.

Hey! Sorry this is going on. Marriage can be tough, but it is also very beautiful. From my experience and from what I hear from others... The first year is the hardest. I believe that a marriage is worth fighting for, even when it seems unfair. Have you considered doing couples counseling? I think communication is one of the reasons so many divorces happen. I will be praying for you and hang in there.

You need to be under the care of a psychiatrist.

Yes please get help.... night terrors, random shouting, high anxiety are extreme reactions to the frustrations of the first year of marriage. I assume there is more to the story, either of your marriage or yourself and your past. For whatever reason you did marry this person, so I assume you love her and want to spend your life with her... before you make any drastic decisions get your mental health and wellness under control. Even if that doesn't solve the problems in your relationship it will at least enable you to feel more stable and grounded in this situation.

Yes please get help.... night terrors, random shouting, high anxiety are extreme reactions to the frustrations of the first year of marriage. I assume there is more to the story, either of your marriage or yourself and your past. For whatever reason you did marry this person, so I assume you love her and want to spend your life with her... before you make any drastic decisions get your mental health and wellness under control. Even if that doesn't solve the problems in your relationship it will at least enable you to feel more stable and grounded in this situation.

Now having read several of your other threads based on comments here... I can see this has been an issue for you for a long time. You talk about your wife as if she was doing this on purpose to drive you crazy, but she is is just being who she is... and she doesn't want to change for you, or for anyone else. It isn't like she doesn't care about you, but she probably doesn't care enough about the relationship to do anything about her behaviors.

Based on your comments it seems like having a clean house is very important to you... but it's hard to tell if she really is a slob or she just doesn't clean to your standards. Either way... you won't change her, and she has no desire to change, and nagging is only going to drive you both insane, so you may want to consider getting your own place if you can't handle her mess.

If she was going to change for you, she would have done it by now.

• 6 months later...

You sound so much like my partner. Seeking help from a professional would be good, but aside from that, talk to your wife about how you feel and let her know how serious your condition is. That would make her understand you better and she'd try to help you.

Archived