No response after great first date?!

dmveep

I have had a myriad of frustrating dating experiences in the past month but this one takes the cake!

I went out with a woman Sunday evening. We had two drinks over 2.5 hours, shared some laughs. I walked her back to her place, made out a little and talked about future date ideas. I texted her yesterday evening around 7 pm asking if she wanted to get dinner Friday but I never heard back from her. Ive been on many dates before and all signs pointed to a significantly interest, in terms of body language and verbal communication. She seemed like a really genuinely nice, sweet gal.

What should I do? I’m totally baffled. Is it worth trying to text her again? I thought about waiting a total of 48 hours and sending another text. Arghhh, how do you cope with these frustrating moments?

You should both leave each other open as options. Put her on the back-burner and continue to go out with others. If this one does get back to you, go on a second date but don't wait around in the mean time.

Sometimes it takes awhile for the other person to realize that they should indeed go on a second date. Maybe it doesn't happen straight away, maybe not at all, but sometimes down the road she may get back to you, and I don't think you should take it personally if she does this, because you could do it too to the next one you go on a date with. You might not be too sure yourself.

Bottom line - You put a text out there, she did not respond, just leave the door open and move on to the next one.

You should both leave each other open as options. Put her on the back-burner and continue to go out with others. If this one does get back to you, go on a second date but don't wait around in the mean time.

Sometimes it takes awhile for the other person to realize that they should indeed go on a second date. Maybe it doesn't happen straight away, maybe not at all, but sometimes down the road she may get back to you, and I don't think you should take it personally if she does this, because you could do it too to the next one you go on a date with. You might not be too sure yourself.

Bottom line - You put a text out there, she did not respond, just leave the door open and move on to the next one.

This^ may be the best advice I've ever read from you on this forum (or one of the best).

Spot on!

She didn't answer because she already has another date planned with someone else.....the guy she had a date with on Saturday night.

There may be some truth to this. I can remember online dating and when trying to coordinate something there was often a time lapse in communication. You think you may have agreed to something but it wasn't entirely firm - yet.

She may have offered to meet someone on Friday. It's not set in stone and she hedging her bets before she gets back to you.

It's not a horrible thing. She's considering other possibilities. You should too.

You may hear from her. . You may not.

My experience with online dating is that most people are either one there for quick sex or attention. The date was likely enjoyable for both of you, but she may have knew going in it was never going to amount to a second date for whatever reason (e.g. she's not over her ex, has an interest in someone she can't have, etc.). Some people don't realize they aren't ready to date again until they get back out there.

There may be some truth to this. I can remember online dating and when trying to coordinate something there was often a time lapse in communication. You think you may have agreed to something but it wasn't entirely firm - yet.

She may have offered to meet someone on Friday. It's not set in stone and she hedging her bets before she gets back to you.

It's not a horrible thing. She's considering other possibilities. You should too.

You may hear from her. . You may not.

My rule is no response in 24 hours, I make other plans, so I made other plans. However, it’s not my goal to go on countless first dates. I’m looking for a relationship.

I might reach out to her again, but you know, it’s probably not me that’s the problem. I’ve had a number of ladies who went through the motions even though they had no business being there.

I have had a myriad of frustrating dating experiences in the past month but this one takes the cake!

I went out with a woman Sunday evening. We had two drinks over 2.5 hours, shared some laughs. I walked her back to her place, made out a little and talked about future date ideas. I texted her yesterday evening around 7 pm asking if she wanted to get dinner Friday but I never heard back from her. Ive been on many dates before and all signs pointed to a significantly interest, in terms of body language and verbal communication. She seemed like a really genuinely nice, sweet gal.

What should I do? I’m totally baffled. Is it worth trying to text her again? I thought about waiting a total of 48 hours and sending another text. Arghhh, how do you cope with these frustrating moments?

Your title "No response after great first date" may be in your opinion but she may have not felt the same. You cant interpret how the other person feels about you but you can interpret their actions. If she doesn't reply or respond then you know.

A lot of people will be polite and try to enjoy themselves in new company. Remember most people are on the best behaviour to get the best first impression. Keep at it and moving forward because dating as frustrating as it may well be. Is in itself a learning curve and is a numbers game.

Good luck out there.

I agree with Zippy who said she may not have viewed the date the same way as you.

I mean, she may have had a good time, but felt no attraction, that's happened to me lots of times. Which admittedly has confused a few guys.

I read something once "two people can be on the *same* date but be having two entirely *different* experiences."

That said, and assuming there *was* a mutual attraction, @Sportster - Should a person really expect to be a priority after only one date?

Aren't we all *options* in the very early stages, until such time we spend more time and mutually agree to focus only on each other?

I have an exclusive boyfriend now, but neither of us considered the other a "priority" until after we spent more time together and agreed this was something special.

Genuinely curious as to your (and others) thoughts on that. :D

Archived