What Should I do? Did I do something wrong?

Cheeseseagul

I started dating my online best friend and for almost 2 years we've been planning on meeting eachother. We finally got together and were together for a week and I'm going to see him in a few weeks again. Well for the 2 years we were friend he always told me he was in love me with me but at the time I was in a relationship that was abusive which caused my depression and anxiety to worsen. When we started dating he was super affectionate. I love affection and he would say he loves me and compliment me and talk about stuff with me. When he came to my place we had fun but we had to talk about how i am a lot because i would think some irrational things. When he went home he acted a little distant. Not enough to truly say something, but I have a weird feeling about it. It isn't just anxiety this time, but I feel like maybe being with me for a week might have done something to us.

I started dating my online best friend and for almost 2 years we've been planning on meeting eachother. We finally got together and were together for a week and I'm going to see him in a few weeks again. Well for the 2 years we were friend he always told me he was in love me with me but at the time I was in a relationship that was abusive which caused my depression and anxiety to worsen. When we started dating he was super affectionate. I love affection and he would say he loves me and compliment me and talk about stuff with me. When he came to my place we had fun but we had to talk about how i am a lot because i would think some irrational things. When he went home he acted a little distant. Not enough to truly say something, but I have a weird feeling about it. It isn't just anxiety this time, but I feel like maybe being with me for a week might have done something to us.

Ok --- what do you mean by you thought some irrational things? Did you think a giant blue bunny was following you? Or did you think that he didn't "mean it" when he complimented you? you have to elaborate a little...

I started dating my online best friend and for almost 2 years we've been planning on meeting each other. We finally got together and were together for a week and I'm going to see him in a few weeks again.

Um, I hate to say this, but to me, you've only been dating a week. You barely know each other. All this Internet romance has been a fantasy. And unfortunately a lot of people like you with depression and anxiety get caught up with strangers on the Internet many times because they can't handle a real relationship.

So now the guy's met you for real and you're more than what he expected. I'm afraid he was in love with the girl on the Internet and not with you. And I think that's what you're seeing. It may be time that you realize what has happened and move on. Find someone who lives near you who you can go out on dates with and don't have anymore Internet romances.

Like he was using me or that he would leave after he went home

Wow. if i was visiting someone i had romantic interest in and they stated "i think you were just using me" -- i would rethink coming back, too. He made the effort to come see you after all this time -- with his own money --- how was he using you? If you treat someone badly, of course they are going to leave -- i mean --- are you testing him "i am going to treat you like crap and if you stick around after that, you are a keeper?" The poor guy probably doesn't know what to do after that. I'd be turned off

Archived