Need advice

Random Person

Hello,

Well, I feel a bit weird for asking help about this but here we go;

I was in hospital today and there was a nurse and we had a very nice chat and I think I'm interested in getting to know her better but I've never ever did such a thing before. I mean, it would be okay asking her out if I knew her but this time, I don't know her at all. We had one, not very long conversation but we both enjoyed it and soon, I'll need to go to the same hospital and want to ask her but not sure if it's a good idea or not.. What do you think I should do? If you say I should ask her, then do you have any idea how should I start? I'm thinking a few things but it would be great if you guys have some tips. And if you are a lady, if someone you don't know approaches you in same/similar situation, what would you like to hear?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm sorry if I chose wrong forum for this thread.

Similar questions have been asked here before and there isn't one right answer.

As a woman, one off conversation with a stranger isn't an open invitation to be asked out on a date. But it also depends on how well your first conversation went, how receptive she is and both of your individual personalities.

Ideally, you'd have another opportunity to talk to her.

It could go either way. She's a good sport and open to the idea. . or you come off creepy.

I wasn't there, so I couldn't possibly know.

First, thank you for the reply. And I don't even know if she will be there when I go to the hospital but before going, I wanted to ask here.

And btw, I do know that just because we had a talk, that doesn't mean it was an invitation and honestly I was saying this all the time to friends that "just because a girl is talking to you that doesn't mean she's into you" and I still think same but my motivation is not that "she talked to me and she wants it too". It's just what I felt really and I know that there's a possibility of rejection. Actually, I didn't even check her fingers if she wears a ring or not.. when writing it down, one realising that there are many factors..

I definitely see SweetGirl's point. Honestly, though, I don't see the harm in seeing if she wants to grab some coffee if you end up talking again. She has the option to politely decline the offer if she's not interested. I wouldn't stake her out or be intrusive, but take advantage of the opportunity if the two of you end up hitting it off. She may or may not have a partner, but if she does she will certainly let you know, and then it's your duty to make sure that's the end of your pursuit.

I understand her point but her tone sounds like we all wait outside of hospitals to take nurses out.. People can be a bit mature when they're expressing their opinion but anyway, I understand what she wants to say and I'm going to consider it as well. And thank you for your reply btw. You know, before starting this thread, I didn't think with deep details but like I said above, one realizing how complicated it is after writing it. Even if we say I asked her and she accepted, maybe we are two completely different characters, I don't know it yet but like you said, I think asking it wouldn't harm anyone.

Sometimes two people have chemistry and if you don't take a risk, that opportunity goes down the drain. My friend went to to the car lot to buy a new car and a sales guy there asked her out. They've been married for four years. When I was eighteen and worked at a hotel gift shop, somebody my age staying at the hotel for a work convention asked me out. We lived 90 minutes apart, and dated while he was in town and long distance for 4 months.

In your case, I wouldn't come right out and ask for a date. I might say: Well, I've really enjoyed talking to you. If you're into Facebook and want to chat again sometime, my name is:

If I was interested, I'd be flattered and would be sure I got the spelling of the guy's name right. If I was not single or just not interested, I'd be relieved that I simply needn't do anything and not have the awkwardness of turning someone down.

Hello,

Today I was in hospital and before asking her, I checked the nurse list to find out if she had 2 surnames and she had 2. Honestly, it was a "sigh" moment for me. We met when I was waiting for doc and she said "hi" and we had a short moment but there was no way for me to ask her such a thing since I know now that she's married.

But thank you ladies for all your comments and advice.

Archived